Week #17 Report

M

Mopower

Zebulon55 said:
Seen this before too. Some cars went the full ten minute derby, but there were enough wrecks to determine a winner. The aerial wrecks at the big arena were spectacular. Thought low damage should be a option, so we can choose to occasionally play like that.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
As I've noted before, real derbies have this modifier. There's bone stock, limited weld, full mod... The differences being the amount of steel you're able to add and weld to the frame/body of the car to strengthen it. That would be a much more pleasing way to me for it than just a straight damage modifier. I'd like to see differing strengths in the front and the rear of the car, not just the whole car becoming just as strong as the rest of it. Know what I mean?

saudius

ok, the new physic take time, i know it's the hard things in a car game but god....why no news...even a little...
I check this forum every day with hope and.... nothing since Jori is gone....
Please give us some news !! ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
saudius said:
ok, the new physic take time, i know it's the hard things in a car game but god....why no news...even a little...
I check this forum every day with hope and.... nothing since Jori is gone....
Please give us some news !! ;)
Have you been checking this thread also?

Work in progress snapshots

Janne posted some new pics in thread last week. :)

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
At this point, I feel like it would be the best for BB to relase a new trailer when (if) the new update is ready. Most people must've forgotten the game by now.

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
You guys see this post by Janne over at Steam 12 mins ago!!!!!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/615086038678772920/?tscn=1433878697

post #8
Delete the post Janne! Just let the quickest people to see that :D

/It's still just a hope people. Hope.... ;) Nothing "It's coming!" but "We hope..."

//But when you think about it, the holidays start around July and they'll likely want to release an update before that and make sure to hotfix it to be enough stable over the holidays :eek:

crazychris4124

Full time wrecker
Wouldnt be surprised if they release the update with a sale during the Steam Summer Sale to bring more people to the game. Its rumored to start Thursday and last until the 20th so If I were them I would get it out Friday before E3 starts.

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Wow, what's that, a somewhat definite release date for the update, and it's not even months away? :eek:
They must be confident, they can't just say "later this month" and not deliver after all these delays.

lobsterfran

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Purple44 said:
Janne posted again over at Steam in another thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/615086038687298759/?tscn=1433880289

jannesBB;615086038687336279 said:
It's coming, stay tuned.
It look like Bugbear wants to get Build #7 out this month. Look like my prediction may come true. :D
Interesting that he stayed up so late... that would of been midnight in Finland when he posted that.
And this is awesome news.. looks like we can all start getting excited this month! and them screen shots are really detailed!

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Wow, ain't the game a looker now? :eek:
Is that PBR in the works already or just a general graphical upgrade?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mohasz said:
Wow, ain't the game a looker now? :eek:
Is that PBR in the works already or just a general graphical upgrade?
From what Janne has said last week, that should be PBR in the pics. All the old tracks art work getting converted to physic base rendering. :)

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
From what Janne has said last week, that should be PBR in the pics. All the old tracks art work getting converted to physic base rendering. :)
That's so nice to hear! I was slightly underwhelmed by the graphics so far, because it didn't look too much better than FlatOut UC.
That also means I really must buy a new PC now.

Let's hope the new physics are as beneficial for the game as the development time suggests. I mean they would not have been so persistent, if it's not worth it in the end.

Soulidified

Full time wrecker
So recently I attended the X Games at Circuit of the Americas in Austin. The Stadium/Prerunner truck racing gave me some awesome ideas!

1. There is an alternate route put in place that takes slightly longer to drive through. The twist is that each driver must, at anytime during the race, take this route once to be able to finish. It is otherwise known as a "joker" lap. It requires a lot of strategy because a driver has to rejoin with the other vehicles as well, and not get caught up in the passing cars and smashed from behind.

2. We need some jumps on the track! Some jumps that require a certain speed to land well would be cool, sort of like landing a double or a tabletop jump in motocross

3. A long-ish rally style race mode would be fun, perhaps a long track that cannot have more than 1 lap. If this doesn't work then a rally cross style would be fine too

I'd say the above ideas are for clean racing. We definitely need different tracks from demolition racing and clean racing. A track that encompasses both is doable, but I think any track will always naturally make people want to go as fast as they can with as little contact as possible. Maybe for a certain game mode, use the same timer that the derbies use so that the lead driver will still need to hit other cars.

Game Mode ideas
King of the Hill mode!
Infected - Who can last the longest without being touched?
One Guy starts with some kind of marker or flag of some kind, and everyone else tries to destroy him! Each game would have a few rounds or so.

I really dig the idea about a race where you race to one end of a long straightaway and head back on the same straightaway right at each other. Maybe a loop the loop you have to go though in the middle and a jump at the end of the loop to prevent camping/blocking. I saw something like this in a GTA 5 video and it seemed really fun!

P.S. I really want CTF on a skyscraper now... how about between multiple skyscrapers? :D Or CTF between islands and shallow water you can drive through below and with bridges and stuff above! How about CTF in a huge warehouse(s) with multiple levels, a parking garage, a spiral ramp all the way to the top, and jumps across gaps for the daring people!