Week #4 Report

Holybeer said:
I bought Grid Autosport and Split Second. WF can now gather dust :D
I have GRID Autosport but it's gathering dust because I play so much WreckFest.

So many cars in GRID Autosport have absolutely no character whatsoever. Like driving a matchbox car in treacle.

Holybeer

i bought all the splinter cell, the batman arkham series, the X3 series, i play warframe ( almost 1200 hours played olol ). I bought Insurgency, Just Cause 2..

:p

sam223

Weeked Smasher
presuming ed said:
Holybeer said:
I bought Grid Autosport and Split Second. WF can now gather dust :D
I have GRID Autosport but it's gathering dust because I play so much WreckFest.

So many cars in GRID Autosport have absolutely no character whatsoever. Like driving a matchbox car in treacle.
Good codemasters racing games died with colin mcrae imo.Too many bros,fireworks and doughnuts now

Holybeer said:
i bought all the splinter cell, the batman arkham series, the X3 series, i play warframe ( almost 1200 hours played olol ). I bought Insurgency, Just Cause 2..

I could post up my weekly shopping list from Sainsbury's this morning if that's the way the thread's going.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Meh... why not :D

How about this:

Because I like my first EA experience WF has given me so far I invested in a second one yesterday evening:

Besiege

It just made Greenlight. The devs say it will take them 1,5-2 years until the final release... Longterm investment of 6,99 $ :D

Holybeer

presuming ed said:
Holybeer said:

I could post up my weekly shopping list from Sainsbury's this morning if that's the way the thread's going.
Well we can discuss, since there is no news about Wreckfest lol.. *troll*

Musgroove

Doodily ding dong tick tock
Full time wrecker
So about that new video Bugbear posted on facebook. Is that a new impact sound I hear at the end? Will we be hearing more variation in crash sounds, maybe engine sounds too?

MaexxDesign

sam223 said:
Good codemasters racing games died with colin mcrae imo.Too many bros,fireworks and doughnuts now
That's true !
And it's a shame !
Colin would turn in his grave...

Colin McRae Rally 04 is one of the best racing games I played (beside Flatout 1 & 2) !

Check this out:

sam223

Weeked Smasher
MaexxDesign said:
sam223 said:
That's true !
And it's a shame !
Colin would turn in his dig...

Colin McRae Rally 04 is one of the best racing games I played !

Check this out:
I still play it from time to time.Great rally game. Comparatively dirt 2/3 i have not touched for years.

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
Colin McRae Rally 1 was my first racing game. Or maybe it was Hard Truck 1: Road to Victory, can't remeber which one.

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
Usmovers_02 said:
I miss TOCA as well :(
Toca 2 Touring cars! I think that was my 3rd racing game. I still have my copy somewhere. Sadly I don't have big cardboard box, it is lost. I always drove Ford Fiesta, it was most fun to drive. Small and sluggish.

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
aww lady, dont even get me started on Toca....

The ability to counter being pitted by a competitor, when you lost the back of car, and you could hit reverse then 1st without any gear change delay and power your way back on track as if you meant to do it ;)

Richard Burns Rally for me had the best ever physics in a game, followed by Toca2 (wasnt as keen on 3)

Codemasters lost their staff, and plot a while ago, all good things come to an end, and a bit like Richard burns himself, too prematurely.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Cornkid said:
Usmovers_02 said:

The ability to counter being pitted by a competitor, when you lost the back of car, and you could hit reverse then 1st without any gear change delay and power your way back on track as if you meant to do it ;)

Richard Burns Rally for me had the best ever physics in a game, followed by Toca2 (wasnt as keen on 3)

Codemasters lost their staff, and plot a while ago, all good things come to an end, and a bit like Richard burns himself, too prematurely.
Ever tried http://www.rbr-world.com/downloads.php cornkid?

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
sam223 said:
Cornkid said:
Usmovers_02 said:

Ever tried http://www.rbr-world.com/downloads.php cornkid?
Cant say I have, I saw there were loads of mods for RBR, I never really wandered from "vanilla" game , this and your "online bangers" are on my grab list, ty for heads up m8 ;)

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Cornkid said:
Usmovers_02 said:

Toca 2 was my first foray into racing sims. I can't think of a better game to have started with especially for someone who thought racing sims were just boring and pointless at the time (no red shells no buy lol). Toca did a great job of making racing fun. I totally agree that Toca 3 wasn't as good.

[edit] I just found out that there are actually 2 Toca 2s. I'm referring to Toca Race Driver 2.

Cornkid

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Cornkid said:
Usmovers_02 said:

Toca 2 was my first foray into racing sims. I can't think of a better game to have started with especially for someone who thought racing sims were just boring and pointless at the time (no red shells no buy lol). Toca did a great job of making racing fun. I totally agree that Toca 3 wasn't as good.

[edit] I just found out that there are actually 2 Toca 2s. I'm referring to Toca Race Driver 2.
Yep, it was race driver 2 I meant, just dug out my original flatout 1 and 2 , plus toca race driver 3, in hard disc form, lol, old school or what.