Week #48 Report

Fisu

Member
I really hope that BB won't release update near Christmass and go to holiday season. Nowadays this size update (if they had worked all time) is not released without bugs.
 
M

Mopower

Guest
And about the 6 hour career, it's a "never ending" career. As in, you will have multiple cars of multiple classes and you can, as far as I'm aware have as many different cars and setups as you can afford.
 

BugBeer

New Member
So we are over a year into the development of the game, are we at the alpha stage yet? Or is the game still in pre alpha? This game is so amazing, so take all the time you need.
 

LUNITIC_WILL

Member
Full time wrecker
BugBeer said:
So we are over a year into the development of the game, are we at the alpha stage yet? Or is the game still in pre alpha? This game is so amazing, so take all the time you need.
over 2 years. febuary 2013, we got initial announcement with a trailer. by that time it would of had about 6 months before the announement
 

Frisker

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
Ryan Callan said:
Kunos Simulazioni have achieved much more with a smaller team in the same amount of time with Assetto Corsa.

There has been little to no progress in months now, aside from adding some slots in multiplayer, showing UI sketches I could have drawn, showing some photographs of quarries and saying they are going to put multiplayer filters in.

That does not spell progress at the rate I expect, and none of you should be happy with it either.

Simply voicing my opinion, and if some of you don't like that, well, I won't be losing sleep about that.
I'm quite sure Bugbear could've released 5 updates in the past 2 months, but they don't want to be Ubisoft or EA. They make sure it works.
 
B

BrianUK

Guest
Keep in mind that they got a lot of extra revenue after the sneek peek and whatnot went out. They have the cash to make a fuller game now, so development time has been extended accordingly.

It would help greatly if they updated the various places that say a 2014 feature complete release though.
 
Okay guys, i haven't checked this thread since friday i guess, but i'm getting tired of some people so i'm quoting my own post again. Just in case some people, who probably, have missed it... ::)

Whinysingleplayerpeoplewhodontreadpostsaboutalltheimprovementsthedevsareworkingon said:
''Insert post about singleplayer not being worked on although the opposite is being told everywhere on this forum''


Only now it isn't just about the singleplayer whining, but the whining in general :-\
 
B

BrianUK

Guest
Purple44 said:
What are the odds that all cars in a race get stuck and can not finish the race?
A possibility could be that a car is classed as out when it's upside down, but once it gets rolled back over it is classed as running again.

While the car is classed as a DNF, you could change to a free cam to see the other racers while you wait to get rolled back over. If all cars are upside down for a certain amount of time, the race is forced to end.
 
M

Mopower

Guest
BrianUK said:
Purple44 said:
What are the odds that all cars in a race get stuck and can not finish the race?
A possibility could be that a car is classed as out when it's upside down, but once it gets rolled back over it is classed as running again.

While the car is classed as a DNF, you could change to a free cam to see the other racers while you wait to get rolled back over. If all cars are upside down for a certain amount of time, the race is forced to end.
Like I said, people are talking about 60 lap races... There's a chance not anyone will finish if there's no resets. I'm still all for no resets, but I'm just putting it out there as a possibility
 
M

Mopower

Guest
Tero said:
You don't have to worry, we are making abandon race / retire from race option if resets are off. So the game will never be stuck.
Okay, that could be a viable solution :)
 

Jaycee

Cooookie
Full time wrecker
Tero said:
You don't have to worry, we are making abandon race / retire from race option if resets are off. So the game will never be stuck.
Out of interest would a good solution be to expand on the last man standing system whereby the last man disabled wins? If you're classified as DNF after 5 seconds on your roof then it should be possible to track when you're classed as DNF and rank accordingly.

That way it doesn't matter if everyone ends up on their roof, you don't have to abandon 10 minutes of game play because you can't get a result.
 

PoofGone

New Member
Could always put in a auto reset after 5-10 seconds on derbys and races, played many that had a auto reset and it worked very well during game play just an idea.
 
M

Mopower

Guest
PoofGone said:
Could always put in a auto reset after 5-10 seconds on derbys and races, played many that had a auto reset and it worked very well during game play just an idea.
We're trying to remove that in an effort for better immersion though. The only better way would be to stop the derby or race and have a group of guys or a skidsteer flip the cars back over. But some may argue it would interrupt gameplay or the action. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool
 
M

Mopower

Guest
Jaycee said:
Tero said:
You don't have to worry, we are making abandon race / retire from race option if resets are off. So the game will never be stuck.
Out of interest would a good solution be to expand on the last man standing system whereby the last man disabled wins? If you're classified as DNF after 5 seconds on your roof then it should be possible to track when you're classed as DNF and rank accordingly.

That way it doesn't matter if everyone ends up on their roof, you don't have to abandon 10 minutes of game play because you can't get a result.
And I finally just realized what you meant. Not a bad idea
 

leerees

Member
If you join a lobby it can get boring waiting for the current race to finish.

Maybe have an option where we can go and spectate the current race in progress?
 
Top