Week #48 Report

M

Mopower

leerees said:
If you join a lobby it can get boring waiting for the current race to finish.

Maybe have an option where we can go and spectate the current race in progress?
Planned and implemented in next build

KarlderHeinz

Full time wrecker
I just hope that the developers bring some good news in the near future, I'm a bit afraid that some of the players will leave Wreckfest.
I'm really looking forward to any new additions, and hope everybody will still be hyped when the game is finally fully working.

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
So...are we going to get an update (I mean weekly report) before Christmas? Maybe they're working their *sses off to be able to deliver some new stuff this week, hence the silence...probably not.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
In the past that has mostly been the case. Silence means they are busy.... Probably trying to deliver an update before christmas. And isn't that way more important than a written report? :p

Anyway... its almost Christmas. Isn't there enough stuff to do to distract yourself? Go buy presents for you loved ones, or whatever :D

Dillinja187

That has been the case so far hey Lari, my "guess" is the start of next week or at least the early part of next week given the fact BB might need 3-4 days after build release for hotfixes.

Fingers crossed we don't need any hotfixes but the time must be there as leaving it unplayable/bugged over the Christmas period is out of the question for BB and of course us lot :).

FreddyDipstick

Full time wrecker
You can't call it a weekly report if you don't report every week. They should call it "Whenever We Feel Like Report".

Don't get me wrong i love this game, but this silence is not what i opted in for.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I understand where you're coming from. BUT whatever you opted in for, regular diary entries for you to read was not a part of it ;-)

And theres nothing to worry about. The reports may not be weekly. But devs are active on the forum DAILY. Frequently answering our questions and every now and then giving us a little glimpse of what they are doing.

@Dillinja:
I was hoping for this week. Tomorrow is the last evening this year I'll be able to play. And wouldn't early next week be a little too close to christmas? As you said some days for hotfixes are necessary. Thats why I thought this week would be perfect ;-)

B

BrianUK

Well, Lari, a lot of offices here close on Christmas Eve (not sure if it works the same for BB) so it may that they work up to the death of that day. We've not heard anything for a little while now and even Tero is posting less than he was about 2 weeks ago. To me that says that everyone is knuckling down to either get the next build out before Christmas, or they are just trying to get themselves into a position where it's easy to finish up and release just after. I'd rather a stable build after Christmas than an unstable one before.

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
There's a chance we won't get anything until after Christmas. Thankfully, I'll be playing the games that I'll get on Steam sale anyway (or those that are in my backlog for a while), so not a big problem for me. But of course I wouldn't reject a little Christmas present from Bugbear. :p

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Mohasz said:
There's a chance we won't get anything until after Christmas
Actually yes, we're making a little fun about that, but I remember it was stated in some report: next build unlikely before Xmas.

M

Mopower

Hmm,I figured we wouldn't have more than 12 months left but by all means they should take their time. Just remember that every dollar they raise I'd another part of the feature or something added to the game