Week #48 Report

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Mopower said:
Hmm,I figured we wouldn't have more than 12 months left but by all means they should take their time. Just remember that every dollar they raise I'd another part of the feature or something added to the game
Well judging from the development time now, it's understandable if it would take into 2016 to get everything done. Actually it's just better that it takes longer. More time=More stuff and more stable game.

M

Mopower

Frisker said:
Mopower said:
Hmm,I figured we wouldn't have more than 12 months left but by all means they should take their time. Just remember that every dollar they raise I'd another part of the feature or something added to the game
Well judging from the development time now, it's understandable if it would take into 2016 to get everything done. Actually it's just better that it takes longer. More time=More stuff and more stable game.
Mhm,I know. That's why I said they should take their time and not rush out something unstable or unfinished ;)

BrianUK said:
even Tero is posting less than he was about 2 weeks ago.
Sorry about that, been busy :)

Also on the same note, I want to tell you that I'm leaving today for a winter holiday for couple of weeks so I won't be here on the forums other than occasionally during that period. But if we get the new build out before christmas, I might be hosting few games from holidays, so hopefully I see you there! If not, see you next year! Take care and drive safely :)

dbs213

Master Blaster
I'd probably be busy enjoying my Christmas vacation outside, whether or not the update will release before Christmas. Or maybe play Saints Row 2 on my laptop...

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Tero said:
BrianUK said:

Also on the same note, I want to tell you that I'm leaving today for a winter holiday for couple of weeks so I won't be here on the forums other than occasionally during that period. But if we get the new build out before christmas, I might be hosting few games from holidays, so hopefully I see you there! If not, see you next year! Take care and drive safely :)
I try but there really needs to be traffic lights in the intersection of Big 8. The drivers are crazy there and there's crashes everyday!

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Tero said:
BrianUK said:

If that new tyre patch doesnt come before christmas then stay on holiday , GRRRR

;)

(Note to mods, that was an attempt at humour, and some may say a lame one , but an attempt it was all the same.)

Thanks for all the posts in forum Tero, sharing info that you have , enjoy your winter holiday, have a great christmas time with family m8, and I always drive safely ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Merry Christmas Tero and enjoy your holiday time off and thank you for your posts this year letting us know some the things going on in the studio with Wreckfest. Much appreciated!! :D :D :D :D

Merry Christmas to the rest of the gang at Bugbear ( and thanks for a great game ) and the Wreckfest community here in the forum. :D

I would like to see Bugbear do an end of the year 2014 or beginning of the year for 2015 update report\recap on where Bugbear at with Wreckfest and what we might expect in the coming months.

myrko

I never buy a pre-alpha game in my life. My kids maybe play full game over five years when the graphics engine will be outdated. The developement stage is too slow. If they did not sell this pre-alpha, the game never appear. Sorry for my english. I'm disappointed. Happy holidays !

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
myrko said:
I never buy a pre-alpha game in my life. My kids maybe play full game over five years when the graphics engine will be outdated. The developement stage is too slow. If they did not sell this pre-alpha, the game never appear. Sorry for my english. I'm disappointed. Happy holidays !
First of all, it's not going to be 5 years.
Second, who cares about graphics? I sure take good gameplay before good graphics.
Third, Bugbear has small team, they're not EA or Ubisoft, who's got 200 people working in one game. Bugbear has 20'ish. So cut them some slack.

PoofGone

myrko said:
Well if you never buy a game pre-alpha that is your choice, I for one see some serious potential in this game and thing Bug bear has done a excellent job with what they have. When the game is finished and comes out you can spend the extra money and buy it or wait 5 years when it is still kicking butt. Do you even have this game or are you just trying to troll and bring others down? I'm very happy with the way the game is going and can't wait to see the finished product. If they didn't sell the game they wouldn't have the feed back to change this or add that and have the money backing to get the game to progress. Happy Holidays!!

M

Mopower

Lol you Would rather sacrifice features of the game for a quicker release? Go play Flatout 3 by team 6 and tell me how good it is

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Mopower said:
Lol you Would rather sacrifice features of the game for a quicker release? Go play Flatout 3 by team 6 and tell me how good it is
This pretty much nailed it.

duggy

We have to be patient. I was looking forward to an update before xmas or at least a hotfix to remedy some of the bugs in multiplayer but it looks unlikely now. Hope we get it soon

Fisu

This gonna be old boring game if it's many years in pre alhpa or beta phase (like many nowadays). Hopefully we see final version before summer. Other way I think people who purchase this is only old farts like me who played a lot the Flatout 1.

M

Mopower

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Slamming head against concrete floor repeatedly.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
Do remember it was GRRR publisher Strategy First that force the release of beta version of Flatout 3, not Team 6.

That way I'm so glad there no publisher around to screw up the release of Wreckfest. Bugbear is free to make their own decision on when Wreckfest final version should get release. :D :D :D :D

Needles Kane

Weeked Smasher
Purple44 said:
Do remember it was GRRR publisher Strategy First that force the release of beta version of Flatout 3, not Team 6.
That way I'm so glad there no publisher around to screw up the release of Wreckfest. Bugbear is free to make their own decision on when Wreckfest final version should get release. :D :D :D :D
But Team 6 would not have been able to made good game even if they got more time. Propably better than what we got but nothing too fancy. Look their other games, not much better than FO3. Though I like some of their games like Taxi racer 2006, even if it's crappy game.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Needles Kane said:
Purple44 said:
But Team 6 would not have been able to made good game even if they got more time. Propably better than what we got but nothing too fancy. Look their other games, not much better than FO3. Though I like some of their games like Taxi racer 2006, even if it's crappy game.
But the Flatout community did ask Team6 to make a new Flatout since at the time Bugbear had gone quiet for 3 years without a word to the community. Nobody that was involved in getting Team6 to make a new Flatout was expecting a Ultimate Carnage level of graphics. But we were hoping to have the game play and graphic level of Flatout 2. I thing Team6 was on their way to delivering that if they were given enough time and the Flatout community got to beta test Flatout5, but Strategy First did not let that happen, even when I asked.

Will there be a new Flatout for the PC? We did It!!!!

Team6 answers a lot questions about their new Flatout5.

Now if Bugbear had just come back on to the PC scene a few months earlier than when they game out of the blue and announce they were working on Ridge Racer Unbounded, Team6 PC version of Flatout never would of happen. I would of been bugging Bugbear to make a new Flatout!!