Week #5 Update

Hep!

New Member
Weeked Smasher
I want to says that perhaps some of the silent majority don't want disturb you in your development and see you losing time for more regular update just to have update.
So if you make this, make it for you and only to serve your game.
 

Henkka77

Member
Full time wrecker
Serenya said:
Henkka77 said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I've never had to tweak the settings in Forza or Flatout 1 or 2. I don't think I should have to for this either.
Sorry but i have to ask, how did you get your moderator status if you dont know even the difference between pre-alpha and a final product? And even better, youre comparing Xbox game to PC game.
Sorry but I have to ask, what does this have to do with being a moderator? :D
Well, only that i thought moderators actually know a thing or two about games and gaming if they are moderating on gaming forum.. but i was obviously wrong. My bad.
It might also be that i misunderstood something as this thread is tl;dr, but it seemed to me that mr. moderator compared a pre-alpha pc game to some old console game. But as i said, i might have misunderstood something.
 

Usmovers_02

Active Member
Full time wrecker
Yes, you very definitely did misunderstand something ;) If you look to the post I made prior to the one you were talking about you'd see I wrote "as it currently stands". Of course I know the game is going to change a lot between now and release ;) Also, that's MISS moderator to you good sir! lol :D
 

Saint Jimmy

http://www.youtube.com/StJimmyCOD
BrianUK said:
Usmovers_02 said:
Yeah the delay has me down too :( Honestly for me the game as it stands is essentially unplayable on a 360 controller. The less than subtle handling being the main culprit. Really looking forward to the new physics model and I hope it applies well to the 360 pad.
Have you had a fiddle with the settings? I've been using near default settings and I've never had a problem.
Same for me. Steering needed five minutes to get used to (but only since Wreckfest is the first game I ever played on 360 controller, bought one for it) and after that I was ready to go.

Jori Virtanen said:
crazychris4124 said:
Would prefer if they released smaller patches more frequently that focus on issues with multiplayer, AI and other things that have nothing to do with physics.
Yeah, this is absolutely a major drag. If it only were just that easy to split the in-development builds in two, so one could work on physics and another something else, but it's not that simple, unfortunately. We have only one build in development (with backups, naturally), which means everything that's developed adds to that one mass, and all those features are released in one go.
We are looking for a possible beta branching on Steam, so those who want to play with a very likely buggy play set can do so :)
As much as I like this sentence (seeing you guys get in the planning for beta is exciting!) I can't help but thinking that this will be the next thing people will go nuts about every week. Making up new things at the horizon will make people have new expectations that they might not get fulfilled soon enough thus provoking negative vibes again.

By the way, someone from Finland watched my entire videoblog playlist about NCG/WF recently, if this was a dev, wow, thanks for your time, that's about 90 minutes of footage.

I like this post a lot since this is what I think like as well:
Hep! said:
I want to says that perhaps some of the silent majority don't want disturb you in your development and see you losing time for more regular update just to have update.
So if you make this, make it for you and only to serve your game.
Even if this is undoubtedly a difficult time for new updates, there will be other times where the features will just rain down on us to test as we get closer to beta, final release or whatever.
I can wait.
 

Serenya

Member
Weeked Smasher
Henkka77 said:
Serenya said:
Henkka77 said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I've never had to tweak the settings in Forza or Flatout 1 or 2. I don't think I should have to for this either.
Sorry but i have to ask, how did you get your moderator status if you dont know even the difference between pre-alpha and a final product? And even better, youre comparing Xbox game to PC game.
Sorry but I have to ask, what does this have to do with being a moderator? :D
Well, only that i thought moderators actually know a thing or two about games and gaming if they are moderating on gaming forum.. but i was obviously wrong. My bad.
It might also be that i misunderstood something as this thread is tl;dr, but it seemed to me that mr. moderator compared a pre-alpha pc game to some old console game. But as i said, i might have misunderstood something.
Yeah, maybe it's recommended to know something about the subject itself, but I really didn't see anything in that post related to the ability to moderate this site. She just said that she is okay with the default settings, just like she was playing Forza and Flatout games. That doesn't mean that the devs don't need to improve the game, be it settings related or whatsoever, if you were referring to this with pre-alpha and final product.
I don't see why this pre-alpha and "some old console game" wouldn't be comparable with each other, either. If one finds a console/PC game good to play with default settings, what's the problem? That is not to say that Forza would feel the same as Wreckfest, but they're both OK with their default settings, right?
 

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
I've never had to tweak the settings in Forza or Flatout 1 or 2. I don't think I should have to for this either.
You really should tweak the settings if the handling doesn't feel right at all. You can make pretty big change in the handling with those (unless some of the settings don't do anything for gamepads).
I pretty much always need to tune some settings in every racing game to get the best feel.
 

Henkka77

Member
Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Yes, you very definitely did misunderstand something ;) If you look to the post I made prior to the one you were talking about you'd see I wrote "as it currently stands". Of course I know the game is going to change a lot between now and release ;) Also, that's MISS moderator to you good sir! lol :D
Well, there you go miss. As i said, my bad as im too lazy to read the whole truth. ;)
 

crazychris4124

Member
Full time wrecker
Rabbit80 said:
Jori Virtanen said:
We are looking for a possible beta branching on Steam, so those who want to play with a very likely buggy play set can do so :)
+10000 :D
Im ok with messing around in the beta of a pre-alpha. But that brings up another question on how beta players would connect to regular players.
 

ztox

Member
crazychris4124 said:
Rabbit80 said:
Jori Virtanen said:
We are looking for a possible beta branching on Steam, so those who want to play with a very likely buggy play set can do so :)
+10000 :D
Im ok with messing around in the beta of a pre-alpha. But that brings up another question on how beta players would connect to regular players.
They wouldn't.
 

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
ztox said:
crazychris4124 said:
Rabbit80 said:
Jori Virtanen said:
We are looking for a possible beta branching on Steam, so those who want to play with a very likely buggy play set can do so :)
+10000 :D
Im ok with messing around in the beta of a pre-alpha. But that brings up another question on how beta players would connect to regular players.
They wouldn't.
Yep if you download beta you don't connect with normal branch users. Maybe beta branch people could play together but even that could be disabled depending on what BB wants.
 

Usmovers_02

Active Member
Full time wrecker
St. Jimmy said:
Usmovers_02 said:
I've never had to tweak the settings in Forza or Flatout 1 or 2. I don't think I should have to for this either.
You really should tweak the settings if the handling doesn't feel right at all. You can make pretty big change in the handling with those (unless some of the settings don't do anything for gamepads).
I pretty much always need to tune some settings in every racing game to get the best feel.
I may tweak the settings a bit closer to release. Right now it's just too early for me to fiddle with the settings. Plus as it stands right now there are some things that just can't really be tweaked just by messing with the controls. I'm eagerly awaiting the physics update :)
 

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Hep! said:
I want to says that perhaps some of the silent majority don't want disturb you in your development and see you losing time for more regular update just to have update.
So if you make this, make it for you and only to serve your game.
So despite the fact you currently have 3 agree's on that post, I'm going to throw an alternate interpretation out there.

some of your "silent majority" will no doubt be not posting because they don't want to take time from making the game.

Others however, may of just given up on posting dissatisfaction as it gets them nowhere, I dont just mean game report news, I also include unanswered bug reports, and community feedback on the game.

I will explain, there was once a god knows how many page discussion on what the name of game should be, none of which were used, and they went their own way. There are soo many pages in this thread saying about tier system, but again BB have their own idea in mind, and they will correct afterwards if needed.

I dont claim that being an early investor should make me get to decide which underwear they should have on for the day, or which flavour pizza they have to eat on friday, I do however see a fundamental flaw in the route they are taking, and its called time wasted...

This was sold as a chance to help shape development of the game, where the community was important and would be supported long afterwards, implying that the "vocal majority" would be heard and the game shaped accodingly.

I personally would like a philosophy like this ;-

On a monday say we plan on making this bit of the game soon, which way would you suggest we go, and then on a Friday give news on the previous weeks work.

Yep, this detracts from time spent making the game, but I reckon the team should find a way to make the the community feel involved.

After saying that, I have recently been in the "silent majority" you refer to, as the big delay is physics, I know I was the one that started a thread about game news being often enough or not, which I have walked away from.

Too summarize, I actually think it would save the devs time to ask us on what route the game design should take. Keep it simple, as in a poll, and it would save then having to spend time re-doing something if the community hates it. (which Jori stated would happen)

Sometimes disturbing development time isnt a bad thing if they are on the wrong route Hep ;)
 
Cornkid said:
Hep! said:
I want to says that perhaps some of the silent majority don't want disturb you in your development and see you losing time for more regular update just to have update.
So if you make this, make it for you and only to serve your game.
So despite the fact you currently have 3 agree's on that post, I'm going to throw an alternate interpretation out there.

some of your "silent majority" will no doubt be not posting because they don't want to take time from making the game.

Others however, may of just given up on posting dissatisfaction as it gets them nowhere, I dont just mean game report news, I also include unanswered bug reports, and community feedback on the game.

I will explain, there was once a god knows how many page discussion on what the name of game should be, none of which were used, and they went their own way. There are soo many pages in this thread saying about tier system, but again BB have their own idea in mind, and they will correct afterwards if needed.

I dont claim that being an early investor should make me get to decide which underwear they should have on for the day, or which flavour pizza they have to eat on friday, I do however see a fundamental flaw in the route they are taking, and its called time wasted...

This was sold as a chance to help shape development of the game, where the community was important and would be supported long afterwards, implying that the "vocal majority" would be heard and the game shaped accodingly.

I personally would like a philosophy like this ;-

On a monday say we plan on making this bit of the game soon, which way would you suggest we go, and then on a Friday give news on the previous weeks work.

Yep, this detracts from time spent making the game, but I reckon the team should find a way to make the the community feel involved.

After saying that, I have recently been in the "silent majority" you refer to, as the big delay is physics, I know I was the one that started a thread about game news being often enough or not, which I have walked away from.

Too summarize, I actually think it would save the devs time to ask us on what route the game design should take. Keep it simple, as in a poll, and it would save then having to spend time re-doing something if the community hates it. (which Jori stated would happen)

Sometimes disturbing development time isnt a bad thing if they are on the wrong route Hep ;)
We are not investors. We are people who have paid for EARLY ACCESS to a game. If you're an investor in this game then I'm an investor in every movie that gets made by Warner cos I buy Warner DVDs. Just cos they have your money doesn't mean they owe you anything. I know they feel like they owe us a quality game and will likely have to deliver if they want to stay in business but YOUR input serves THEM, they don't listen to it for your sake.
 

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Skunkmeister said:
We are not investors. We are people who have paid for EARLY ACCESS to a game. If you're an investor in this game then I'm an investor in every movie that gets made by Warner cos I buy Warner DVDs. Just cos they have your money doesn't mean they owe you anything. I know they feel like they owe us a quality game and will likely have to deliver if they want to stay in business but YOUR input serves THEM, they don't listen to it for your sake.
Fair comments if you presume I meant investing money, I actually meant investing my time to help them shape their game, which they asked us too.

An investor is someone who provides (or invests) money or resources for an enterprise, with the expectation of financial or other gain.

Strictly speaking you do indeed invest time to watch your dvd's hoping that you will enjoy them, the difference being that Warner never asked for your feedback in creating the film when you bought it , BB did.

I also agree that MY input serves THEM, not the other way around, and I actually realised a while ago they probably werent listening to it anyways.

I've had my moneys worth from game already, so anything further is a bonus.
 

Ving

Member
arachnoides said:
The United States will have a gay president by the time the next update comes out!
For the love of God, please - I don't think I could handle a Rick Perry administration, lol
 

Cono

Member
Jori Virtanen said:
First, single player:
Wreckfest won't have a campaign. That means no story, no story linked progression that opens you new tracks, challenges and cars, etc. There is no campaign. There is only persistent career mode.

Career Mode:
Wreckfest has a persistent career mode. There is no story, but there is open ended progression -- events, championships, races etc., and there's no limit how far you can go. You start the game with one car, you race to earn money and then you buy more cars to play with. That's pretty much it, when you boil it down.

Single Player vs. Multiplayer
Wreckfest has seamless SP/MP execution, and the two differ only very slightly. In SP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by bots on track. In MP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by other players. That's pretty much all the difference there is. Also, all progression made in one will carry over to the other, and nobody's forcing anyone to attend both. You find SP more appealing, you stick to that, and vice versa.
Can't see why anyone would see any appealing to this kind of SP.
There is a huge risk that this will turns out "Counter Strike vs. Bots".

Is there anyone here who would actually play this kind of SP, if there's MP available?

EDIT: Sorry for necroing this up.
 
M

Mopower

Guest
I don't know, I would enjoy it I'd I had a shitty internet connection maybe.

I guess the better question would be, why does it matter? The whole point is to be able to swap in between. Why does it matter if people would rather play Singleplayer or not?
 
Top