Week #50: The Holiday Update

Wolverine1

Purple44 said:
Wolverine1 said:
TURST67 said:
Hello,

I've posted a problem report few weeks ago that is in the game since a looong time now, but update after update it's not corrected. I'm always disappointed after each update when I see that nothing is done about it :(

It's about the huge difference of the steering speed and reactivity between a keyboard and a gamepad.

Playing with a keyboard is like playing to a different game, and it has a huge advantage over gamepads because the steering is a lot faster and allows to drive in a totally different way.
I'm already imagining the result of multiplayer races with all the keyboard users finishing in front of the other controlers users…

Link to the thread here : http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6897.0.html

At least reduce the steering speed of the keyboard to balance properly every kind of controller.

Sincerely, a Bugbear fan since FO1 !
If you think the difference between gamepad and keyboard is bad, you should try using a steering wheel. Compared to either, a wheel is like trying to steer a cargo ship.

The game is literally unplayable with wheels in multiplayer for that reason. It works fine in single player since the AI are so bad (but arguably unplayably broken in their own way). Plus there is only support for sequential shift as of right now.
I'm doing find with my DFGT wheel online. Even got a few 18 second times online on oval track. Guys using manual gears getting lower 18s than me.

Have found the KB players online are holding there own against wheel players.

Maybe I just haven't messed with it enough, but when I try to dial in my wheel it seems like I can never hit a sweet spot between all the sliders with this game. I use a G27 and I'm several tenths off by best gamepad time on the oval.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Wolverine1 said:
TURST67 said:
Hello,

I've posted a problem report few weeks ago that is in the game since a looong time now, but update after update it's not corrected. I'm always disappointed after each update when I see that nothing is done about it :(

It's about the huge difference of the steering speed and reactivity between a keyboard and a gamepad.

Playing with a keyboard is like playing to a different game, and it has a huge advantage over gamepads because the steering is a lot faster and allows to drive in a totally different way.
I'm already imagining the result of multiplayer races with all the keyboard users finishing in front of the other controlers users…

Link to the thread here : http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6897.0.html

At least reduce the steering speed of the keyboard to balance properly every kind of controller.

Sincerely, a Bugbear fan since FO1 !
If you think the difference between gamepad and keyboard is bad, you should try using a steering wheel. Compared to either, a wheel is like trying to steer a cargo ship.

The game is literally unplayable with wheels in multiplayer for that reason. It works fine in single player since the AI are so bad (but arguably unplayably broken in their own way). Plus there is only support for sequential shift as of right now.
There is support for H shifter,my g25 shifter works fine

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Wolverine1 said:

Are your wheel settings looking like this? If not then your input isn't 1:1 with the wheel so it can feel bad. Naturally force feedback doesn't need to be at 100% :p

B

BrianUK

Wolverine1 said:
Maybe I just haven't messed with it enough, but when I try to dial in my wheel it seems like I can never hit a sweet spot between all the sliders with this game. I use a G27 and I'm several tenths off by best gamepad time on the oval.
Have you used the Logitech profiler? You need to set the wheel to about 210 degrees rotation, or somewhere around that as it always defaults to 900, hence the cargo ship feel.

Wolverine1

BrianUK said:
Have you used the Logitech profiler? You need to set the wheel to about 210 degrees rotation, or somewhere around that as it always defaults to 900, hence the cargo ship feel.
Ok, I've never had to use that tool before. I did as you said and driving with a wheel is much more enjoyable!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I use 243 rotation like my old MOMO wheels ( 240 ). 210 be to sensitive for me.

Here my setting for a DFGT wheel:

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
LOL you crack me up! you are mostly the 1st one to start poking them about the updates I have noticed....
but hey that's okay... someone needs to rock the boat! but I have learned to be real patient with the BB team. :)

And ehhh I am assuming about middle January this month, that we might get it.
but don't hold your breath on that! hehe

crazychris4124

Full time wrecker
Daystar said:
LOL you crack me up! you are mostly the 1st one to start poking them about the updates I have noticed....
but hey that's okay... someone needs to rock the boat! but I have learned to be real patient with the BB team. :)

And ehhh I am assuming about middle January this month, that we might get it.
but don't hold your breath on that! hehe
lol I usually ask whats coming next a couple weeks after the latest update. Asking now since they said they were close to releasing it before the holidays.

GuitarJozz

Is there an actual release date for this game? I know Bugbear is a small team, but it just feels like it's never going to be completed, with all these tweaks to things like physics and tire mechanics. Seems like you are not even halfway done with the game, and it's been awhile since it was released as a beta on steam.

So is there an actual concrete release date, or is it one of those 'it will be done when it's done' deals? I mean no offense or rudeness with this question, I am genuinely curious, because I haven't seen an actual release date anywhere. I am having a blast with what's been released so far, and I love the damage and effects, just hoping that it will be done by this year sometime.

LUNITIC_WILL

Full time wrecker
GuitarJozz said:
Is there an actual release date for this game? I know Bugbear is a small team, but it just feels like it's never going to be completed, with all these tweaks to things like physics and tire mechanics. Seems like you are not even halfway done with the game, and it's been awhile since it was released as a beta on steam.

So is there an actual concrete release date, or is it one of those 'it will be done when it's done' deals? I mean no offense or rudeness with this question, I am genuinely curious, because I haven't seen an actual release date anywhere. I am having a blast with what's been released so far, and I love the damage and effects, just hoping that it will be done by this year sometime.
the game is still pre alpha. after this next update about tire and suspension, we are going to get more single player content, maps, and cars. you can't build a skyscraper w/o a foundation. the tire and suspension physics are the foundation

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
I hope so, I trusted and supported the team and its work since the beginning, but I have to admit I feel a bit discouraged at times.

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
GuitarJozz said:

No, they haven't announced an official release date. Personally I don't expect it before Q4 2015.

nmaddock

Why does it matter when the release date is going to be:
If they release tomorrow - you will get the game as it is - which is pretty good!
The longer we wait for a release date the better the game gets!

Be patient, enjoy what we have and look forward to what we may get!

GuitarJozz

I was only asking if they actually had a release date/time frame in mind, or if it was something where they were just going to keep working on it and working on it, without a definite release date, and then just release it when they feel it's done. I haven't read anything about when it will actually be released. I was just curious, that's all. I am hoping that it's sometime this year, maybe by next Christmas.

By no means was I meaning to sound rude, I was only wondering. I hope they do take their time, ironing out the wrinkles and squashing the bugs to make sure it's a polished gem, instead of a shiny turd. :D

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
GuitarJozz said:
I was only asking if they actually had a release date/time frame in mind, or if it was something where they were just going to keep working on it and working on it, without a definite release date, and then just release it when they feel it's done. I haven't read anything about when it will actually be released. I was just curious, that's all. I am hoping that it's sometime this year, maybe by next Christmas.

By no means was I meaning to sound rude, I was only wondering. I hope they do take their time, ironing out the wrinkles and squashing the bugs to make sure it's a polished gem, instead of a shiny turd. :D
I get what you mean.
I don't think they have any date, or even specific year for it to be finished. They might have some kind of vision, that when certain features are implemented and ready, and this and that is ready, then the game is release ready. When those things are done? They're done when they're done, I think. So basically they develop what they have in mind, and what community wants, when that's done, the game is finished. Impossible to say when, though.

Holybeer

nmaddock said:
Why does it matter when the release date is going to be:
If they release tomorrow - you will get the game as it is - which is pretty good!
The longer we wait for a release date the better the game gets!

Be patient, enjoy what we have and look forward to what we may get!
not really. It means they get troubles to make the game.