Weekly Report #11

Gimmic

I know, but a carrot is just a carrot. My post was meant to reflect that what is observed outside this particular forum shows very little activity/progress since October of last year.

There should be components not tied to the physics engine at all, not even related to the in-match rendering. These features could be deployed separately, but here we are talking about it 4 months later.

FreddyDipstick

Full time wrecker
If you are a steam early acces game i think every single bit of information should be on steam. If only the weekly updates were really WEEKLY updates. Now we see bugbear trying to do those weekly updates only for a few weeks in a row and then suddenly they seem to have forgotten about it. I can't imagine they have weeks where there is nothing to say and i'm starting to believe NEXTCARGAME is dying and they're trying to find some investor or studio to take over the IP. If not so then bring us NEWS, INFORMATION, SCREENSHOTS, UPDATES OR EVEN A SIMPLE DESIGN PLAN OR ASK YOUR COMMUNITY FEEDBACK. Its not that hard. You don't have to write a book, a few centences of the right info can be enough, but PLEASE bugbear, learn from your mistakes and inform your community more, better, faster, or noone will be interested to buy your game anymore and you guys will not be able to make the game you want (if you really are still working on it)

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Chill man! Things have already gotten a lot better! Also, Jori said he's on sick leave.

The game is not doomed to die, just because we're not getting our weekly update. We've been over this so many times.... relax please! :)

LUNITIC_WILL

Full time wrecker
Lari Fari said:
Chill man! Things have already gotten a lot better! Also, Jori said he's on sick leave.

The game is not doomed to die, just because we're not getting our weekly update. We've been over this so many times.... relax please! :)
rome wasnt built in a day

Fisu

LUNITIC_WILL said:
Lari Fari said:

rome wasnt built in a day
Jep, they build it house by house about three hundred years in small steps and then some burned all. Was it becouse of a better physics of aquaeductus :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
FreddyDipstick said:
If you are a steam early acces game i think every single bit of information should be on steam. If only the weekly updates were really WEEKLY updates. Now we see bugbear trying to do those weekly updates only for a few weeks in a row and then suddenly they seem to have forgotten about it. I can't imagine they have weeks where there is nothing to say and i'm starting to believe NEXTCARGAME is dying and they're trying to find some investor or studio to take over the IP. If not so then bring us NEWS, INFORMATION, SCREENSHOTS, UPDATES OR EVEN A SIMPLE DESIGN PLAN OR ASK YOUR COMMUNITY FEEDBACK. Its not that hard. You don't have to write a book, a few centences of the right info can be enough, but PLEASE bugbear, learn from your mistakes and inform your community more, better, faster, or noone will be interested to buy your game anymore and you guys will not be able to make the game you want (if you really are still working on it)

And Bugbear Devs have time to waste reading all the repeat threads over at Steam? And reading the posts that Bugbear is a lying, cheating studio that going take their money and skip town and never finish Wreckfest. That a good way for the Devs to start their day.

Jori puts up with the meanest over at Steam forum, but rest of the Devs will checkout the Bugbear forum where the conversation is more civil and chime in when they got something to say.

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
I've tried to put time and effort into the Steam community as a moderator - but I have to say it's far more toxic than this one (filled with accusations, trolling, and generally users being very evasive as they post misinformation to straight up disinformation).

At least on here there's already a strong community that's here for the game - however long it may take to be made. Bugbear knows this. We know this. Everyone's understandably upset - but I've seen this community handle negativity far better.

Hell, even I hate waiting. I would've loved to have an update months ago, even. But I understand just how much time and effort has to be put into something in order for the end user to actually make use of it. Unfortunately this means that it's going to take longer to release an update. I accept this. I don't like it, and I don't excuse it (as don't many of Bugbear's employees), but this is where we are unfortunately. :(

This all being said, I do look forward to the next update. I have a feeling that Bugbear's cookin' up something big.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Haven't had much to say on the forums lately.
Nicer weather is coming, so I'll have decreasing time for games. Hopefully Bugbear has something for us by next October. ::)
Patience of Job. 8)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Jori Virtanen

Automatic weapons and boundless love.
Since there's been talk of a community manager:

I am a community manager as well as a game designer. My role at Bugbear is a dual natured one. This is very good, since I can observe what we do and tell about it as honestly as I can (but not always the whole story, because of e.g. developmental secrecy issues). The downside to this is that I'm not a full time community manager, and e.g. creating a lot of video content takes more time than I can spare (and I do know we should make more videos in an organized manner).

In any case, this is why our community manager doesn't have to waste time checking with the designer about stuff he can talk about, because he's the same person :p

chuckskyline

Master Blaster
New Community Manager!

J/k Jori.

Part of the problem, is the community manager is suppose to be the spokes person between the devs/community.. lucky for us its one of the same!.. but the problem is.. well.. he has told us over and over again what the physics update is, why its taking so long, and some other stuff that they are doing that they can tell us.. and I hate to twist the knife.. but until that update gets released.. there really isn't much other than what Jori is doing with the community to do..

He could start telling us stories.. that would be fun..

Like: Name a time where you almost got arrested.. or something embarrassing... or if it wasn't being a game dev what would you rather be doing?

M

Miau

Mr. Jori, i ve simple solution, set your wife as community manager, so you will ve not a other chance not to speak about the progress of development ;) and as a reward after end of work you dont must talk anymore with your wife because everthing was spoken :p 2 flies with one clap ^^

Ignore the hate BB, 99% of the people complaining will probably come back to play the update once its out anyway. Like i've said before this is still the most fun racing game I've ever played, if I have to wait a bit for you to get the thing perfect then so be it, who cares. I've racked up near 400 hours playing this at the minute so you must all be doing something right.

-Dan Moth

Dillinja187

Its Amazing !, how and why people just cant wait for the update is beyond me, we have had apologies plus the answers and reasons for the long wait so just suck it up, also in pipe line talks that it wont happen again and possible 2 build situation after this forthcoming release which should please everyone (well...most).

Trust me I would like this update as much as the next man (500 hrs Deep) but all this bickering and sly jabs to BB doesn't help anyone and its getting a real bore to read the same shit over n over within different threads man.

As someone is going to ask and I'm bored at work let it be me.

Is the slightly diminished dev activity on the forums indicative of an imminent update? (i.e. update today? please?)

Adziej

Weeked Smasher
Skunkmeister said:

Is the slightly diminished dev activity on the forums indicative of an imminent update? (i.e. update today? please?)
I hope so... Jori told us that the update will be released in Q1 so only few days remaining including weekend... and I have a birthday on sunday so it would be a perfect gift for me. :D

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Adziej said:
Skunkmeister said:

I hope so... Jori told us that the update will be released in Q1 so only few days remaining including weekend... and I have a birthday on sunday so it would be a perfect gift for me. :D
At this point, I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised by another month of wait...

longtimeago

"When in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
Adziej said:
Skunkmeister said:

Q1 is indeed nearly over... But currently World of Warships and Star Citizen are getting the attention from my side. So I don't mind waiting a little longer.
But I kind of get the urge to crash cars again... ::)

Rabbit80

Mohasz said:
Adziej said:
Skunkmeister said:

At this point, I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised by another month of wait...
Another month??? Now that's optimism!