Weeks 37 and 38, Here We Go!

northdale

Weeked Smasher
Keras said:
pacman84 said:
Here's hope that you guys don't overdo the figure-8 and oval tracks. The Flatout tracks were so cool because they did not look like a boring Formula 1 themed tarmac accumulation.
-pac
Agreed. Since there is 0 variation possible with those tracks it`s more than enough to have one of these.

I`m really excited to see how online turns out next week :D
I hope we can change tracks and cars now without having to leave the lobby.
Amen! The flatout 2 tracks were great. I really don't find the tracks we have now very interesting. I'm not saying they are terrible but I get bored of them quickly.

guybo

FOV should go down to the 25° range. I use triple screens and I use 39 in sim racing games. Many others will go as low as 25. 60-90 is too narrow of a range.

Xaagon

Keras said:
pacman84 said:
Here's hope that you guys don't overdo the figure-8 and oval tracks. The Flatout tracks were so cool because they did not look like a boring Formula 1 themed tarmac accumulation.
-pac
Agreed. Since there is 0 variation possible with those tracks it`s more than enough to have one of these.

Wait a minute! We don't have a single oval yet and we're talking about overdoing them? The second figure-8 is a bonus as it fits inside the oval.

Even so, if we have 10 different ovals but 40 different non-oval tracks is that no longer overdoing it? I'm for putting as many tracks as possible into the game - let people play the track types they like and ignore the ones they don't.

Side topic - Thanks for the regular information updates, Jori. Gives us a lot of great info on what's going on there. Also, it was kind of fun to watch the first one turn into a discussion on European labor laws, and the second one turn into a discussion on coffee. I can't wait to see what this one will do!

Aerotactics

Xaagon said:
Keras said:
pacman84 said:
-pac

Wait a minute! We don't have a single oval yet and we're talking about overdoing them? The second figure-8 is a bonus as it fits inside the oval.

Even so, if we have 10 different ovals but 40 different non-oval tracks is that no longer overdoing it? I'm for putting as many tracks as possible into the game - let people play the track types they like and ignore the ones they don't.

Side topic - Thanks for the regular information updates, Jori. Gives us a lot of great info on what's going on there. Also, it was kind of fun to watch the first one turn into a discussion on European labor laws, and the second one turn into a discussion on coffee. I can't wait to see what this one will do!
I hate when that happens. Topics should stay on topic-

I'm such a hypocrite . . .

Callahan420

Full time wrecker
Nice update about the update.

I am still waiting patiently for the online update. New car and new track sounds good.

Guess I will go back to playing Destiny for now.

guybo said:
FOV should go down to the 25° range. I use triple screens and I use 39 in sim racing games. Many others will go as low as 25. 60-90 is too narrow of a range.
You can change FOV 30 degrees to BOTH directions in the next update. So it will be 30°-90° range.

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
I wonder if the new car will come as shiny as we have seen it so far, with just dusty windows, or has it gone through some salt bath already. Personally I would like to try it as it is in the pictures, for a change, but of course not in the final game. But since this game is also inspired by Street Rod, it would be great to be able to restore the banger to a museum condition. Of course that won't be smart for a car you will be using in derbies, but maybe for time attacks, or just for the fun of doing it and not want to put it in a race at all. Except maybe in a drag race?

Anyway I only wish that the handling will be as good as it used to be in the first builds, since it won't be retuned soon again from now on.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Yeah! That would be nice! I have requested the exact same thing before. Lets see if the can/want to make it happen. Restoring your favorite car to perfect condition could be fun indeed :)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Daystar said:
arachnoides said:
I can't wait to run Lari Fari off the track. :)
Oh no you don't! I have Lari's back! I would have to pit you if you try haha!!!
Is this the early emergence of a racing team? haha

looking forward to some online wrecking trains

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I think it is! And actually I really hope so! :D

It would be so much fun to race with some of you from this forum. Can't wait!

As often I'm not home for the weekend! But if the new build comes by monday, I'll be online right after work that evening! :)

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Yep there is really some cool guys in these forums, including Sam and lari Fari.. would love to race alongside them!
I am more of a racer than a Derby dude... but sure will be fun playing you guys online! I'm in Europe also... so my online play times will be very sporadic because of work.

J

Jelco

ghehe i have been practicing and i learned to push cars into a total loss from just 1 takedown.
i can roll cars even tho they are real hard to roll right now.
can't wait to mess you guys up i am jelco the destroyer and i will win and drive you into the ditch where you belong!!

...some smack talk because i'm PUMPED!!!

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Yeah let out all your anger now! Then you'll be tired and relaxed by the time we'll race... suits me! :D

J

Jelco

Lari Fari said:
Yeah let out all your anger now! Then you'll be tired and relaxed by the time we'll race... suits me! :D
ooh man i'm going to be looking for you :p

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Now that is freakin awesome the pic below!!!
And yeah, we will have cool teams indeed. :D

:: Sam223 had Quoted ::
Is this the early emergence of a racing team? haha

looking forward to some online wrecking trains