Weeks 37 and 38, Here We Go!

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Daystar said:
Now that is freakin awesome the pic below!!!
And yeah, we will have cool teams indeed. :D

:: Sam223 had Quoted ::
Is this the early emergence of a racing team? haha

looking forward to some online wrecking trains
Yeah man! Sam always has the appropriate derby-pics handy to underline all his statements! :D

Marocco2

Best music when you kill Tero:

• The Final Countdown
  • We will rock you
  • The eye of the tiger
  • Guilty all the same
  • Jungle
  • Tick Tick Boom
  • Burn it down

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Lari Fari said:
Tero said:
And when you look back, you see me coming at you, full speed. Choo choo!

I had a feeling the devs might misuse their power to drive hidden vehicles! :D
But Tero stuck on the track, we will drive circles around him. ;)

Hope to see guys online this weekend, fingers cross that Build #6 get release Friday. :D

paulp146

Weeked Smasher
Can you guys not release the patch in a Beta version, steam has that option avalible right? then the people that know it's a beta version can give feedback? :-\

Marocco2

paulp146 said:
Can you guys not release the patch in a Beta version, steam has that option avalible right? then the people that know it's a beta version can give feedback? :-\
Agree. Make a new branch on Steam. We love bugs :D

Aerotactics

Lari Fari said:
Huh? Am i the only one that doesn't understand what you two mean by that?? :)
Steam has a buit-in beta mode, that if you choose to play in beta, you will recieve beta updates, but if you don't opt for beta, you will only recieve standard updates. I think the idea to include NCG into Steam beta mode is not something we can discuss yet, since we're not in Beta.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Aha! Okay I think I got it. So you opt in to get more frequent updates with the risk of getting broken ones too?

I BB is going more for a "release playable builds only" approach. And I like it. And after this build updates are supposed to come more frequent. So we'll all be OK I guess ;)

I thought the Steam's Beta option just includes Beta versions of the Steam client, not any games on Steam. :eek: You learn something new every day.

paulp146 said:
No worries, we release updates just like any other update on Steam. No Beta participation needed.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Yea steam has a opt in feature for stuff like 'nightly builds'.Starbound uses it where every day you get a updated unplayable build (you have to use console commands to spawn etc) and everyone else is playing the main stable branch that gets updated once every few months

@Lari www.ovalbangerchat.co.uk theres endless threads of banger photos

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
Tero said:
I thought the Steam's Beta option just includes Beta versions of the Steam client, not any games on Steam. :eek: You learn something new every day.

paulp146 said:
No worries, we release updates just like any other update on Steam. No Beta participation needed.
As a developer for a game on Steam, I can tell you that the beta is great, even if only used for internal testing. It allows you to put a full build up there and test is live before actually releasing it live. You can choose to have it open it for everyone, or just a few people, or just devs. You can also choose to have multiple builds available, although I have not done that.

dgrams2003

Purple44 said:
dgrams2003 said:
Thanks for the update. :) Ordered a copy of flatout 2 the other day to feed my racing fix.
After you had your fun with stock version of Flatout 2, be sure to checkout our FOJ Community Mod that will let you add some custom cars and tracks and derbys pits.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod

Purplepack beta final test. Part3

FlatOut 2 MOD Car´s "GO WITH THE FLOW" Better Quality
Nice.
Just got the game today, and I'm loading the 5 discs as we speak. This is great to see that there are mods out for the game. This is going to help me pass the time big time between releases. Are the communities still active for the game?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
dgrams2003 said:
Purple44 said:
dgrams2003 said:
Thanks for the update. :) Ordered a copy of flatout 2 the other day to feed my racing fix.

After you had your fun with stock version of Flatout 2, be sure to checkout our FOJ Community Mod that will let you add some custom cars and tracks and derbys pits.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod

Purplepack beta final test. Part3

FlatOut 2 MOD Car´s "GO WITH THE FLOW" Better Quality
Nice.
Just got the game today, and I'm loading the 5 discs as we speak. This is great to see that there are mods out for the game. This is going to help me pass the time big time between releases. Are the communities still active for the game?
Hmm, you got the disk version of Flatout 2, not downloaded from Steam. You should get the v1.2 patch. I assume you got US version so here a link to US v1.2 patch and Euro patch:

http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=38&func=select&id=11

If referring to Flatout Joint ( been around since 2006 ), things are slow over there these days, most the modders have gone there separate ways. Heddly and GulBroz still regular visit FOJ. We do still get around 40 some guests a day checking out the site and FOJ Community mod still a popular download.

If wondering about online, the online servers finally got turn off after 6 years. So now we use Tunngle to take Flatout 2 online using FO2 LAN mode. Last time I was online with Tunngle on a Saturday, I saw around 90 players sign into the Flatout 2 network, but not all of them have actually join a host. Some are just hanging out. Need to have v1.2 Flatout 2 or you will not be able to join a host.

Read my post here on how to use Tunngle:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5671.0.html

J

Jelco

It's Friidaaayy. I'm hoping for some new stuff today like a build lol