Weeks 37 and 38, Here We Go!

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Jelco said:
Tero said:
Jelco said:
Oke i was wondering if anyone has this problem after the update.
Figure 8 single player freezes at the loading screen with the fatal error "cannot open data\art\debug\scene\missing scene.scne"!!!
I tried several times but the figure 8 wont load.
Never had anything alike.
Yeah it happens to everyone. We try to fix it asap! Sorry for the inconvenience. :/
Ah oke i'll just wait :)
The game is pretty good so far but there is 1 thing i dislike and that is that
pit manouvres are completely impossible to do now and sometimes even slams my car out of the way instead of the guy i'm trying to pit.
Pretty close to a bug if you ask me :p
Pit manouvres are not what they should be in this latest build.
It was right good in build 3-4 and even in the last build but now it really needs to be tweaked hard.
It's a big deal for me lol :p
on or offline? online im having no problem spinning players

SensenM4nn

Steam: animal_ger
Full time wrecker
Teros launch

hahaha i was behind you in that race MaexxDesign and i saw him fly.. looks great :p

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Majatek said:
Also, can I just say that the sounds are beautiful as always? Your Foley team is amazing (I rolled my car more than enough times and each time I heard the wonderful crunch of metal and glass and it pleases me immensely). Thanks yet again!
I'm actually very surprised how much little details there are now, even though someone said earlier that sounds very likely won't be improved anytime soon. Still there's much added richness in the build #6, I can even hear how the suspension squeaks when the car is swinging after a crash, and there's even different starting sounds for different engines. And even though some engines have the same base sounds, they are tweaked to sound different still. I love the sounds in this game.

Also, the huge exhaust flames are back! :D

J

Jelco

sam223 said:
Jelco said:
Tero said:
Jelco said:
Oke i was wondering if anyone has this problem after the update.
Figure 8 single player freezes at the loading screen with the fatal error "cannot open data\art\debug\scene\missing scene.scne"!!!
I tried several times but the figure 8 wont load.
Never had anything alike.
Yeah it happens to everyone. We try to fix it asap! Sorry for the inconvenience. :/
Ah oke i'll just wait :)
The game is pretty good so far but there is 1 thing i dislike and that is that
pit manouvres are completely impossible to do now and sometimes even slams my car out of the way instead of the guy i'm trying to pit.
Pretty close to a bug if you ask me :p
Pit manouvres are not what they should be in this latest build.
It was right good in build 3-4 and even in the last build but now it really needs to be tweaked hard.
It's a big deal for me lol :p
on or offline? online im having no problem spinning players
Offline :p
Also, cars seem to really linger against you sometimes and the only choice is to go in one direction.
I'm going to have to try the online again and see how that is different from the single player game.

SkinnierSteve

Gamer and Youtuber.
Update is still downloading for me, but before I play online I want to know if the servers are p2p or dedicated? If it's p2p it will shut off my internet, if it's dedicated I can play it.

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
All I know is that once I fix the fan profile for my 770 I really need to get my ass online and play against you guys.

Gonna get my ass kicked but ... that new european car, I love it. It's beautiful, and I need to smash it to pieces against people!

Dillinja187

OML, whats happened to the life of the cars? or is there age 3 rating now ?. This was a mans racer now it feels like my sons driving games and he is 5 !. I can pretty much get round tarmac track WOT other than afew corners :( . im gutted...........

Also it feels like its in slow motion or play pace has been reduce to a ridiculass level, I don't want to say it because I never thought I would say this about NCG but its just well........ boring :(

As been said before sounds are nice, very nice infact although needs tweaking in settings the ai cars and tire squeel drown the sound of your own car out but it doesn't matter really because u don't have to listen to the engine now because its sooo lifeless and doesn't pose any problem in bends now at all....in a V8?....really ?

Finish on a high :) the new damage and suspension model rocks !! very nice collisions in front of your very eyes. New title maybe "Stressed Metal"

Dillinja187 said:
OML, whats happened to the life of the cars? or is there age 3 rating now ?. This was a mans racer now it feels like my sons driving games and he is 5 !. I can pretty much get round tarmac track WOT other than afew corners :( . im gutted...........

Also it feels like its in slow motion or play pace has been reduce to a ridiculass level, I don't want to say it because I never thought I would say this about NCG but its just well........ boring :(

As been said before sounds are nice, very nice infact although needs tweaking in settings the ai cars and tire squeel drown the sound of your own car out but it doesn't matter really because u don't have to listen to the engine now because its sooo lifeless and doesn't pose any problem in bends now at all....in a V8?....really ?

Finish on a high :) the new damage and suspension model rocks !! very nice collisions in front of your very eyes. New title maybe "Stressed Metal"
Its almost like its pre-alpha...

Dillinja187

I don't quite agree with that (harsh) ;)

Cars feel like lame donkeys not stallions wanting to rip up the rear tires :(

Its a known issue but I'll say again I still get a lot of crashes with error texture 0 I have to ALT F4 to close game. But testing previously on old build "ages ago hehe" I did notice a big difference in the amount of times it happens due to Nvidia drivers, im running 337.88 now but was on 340.11 and it was a lot more prominent on the later drivers...

Also still get performance hit on tarmac track at turn 1 with cars or no cars must be optimization issue because all others are buttery smooth

Dillinja187

RagingRoach67 said:
Wreckfest? Sounds like a kid trying to say breakfast :p

The name isn't as important as the gameplay though. Let the videos sell your game. People won't be put off just because of a funny name. (although I am surprised. I really thought it was just going to stay Next Car Game)
Wreckfest isn't the 1, either sounds like stated above "lol btw" or a lads stag weekend of summer 2014

C'mon who up for or like " Stressed Metal " or S&M for short Ha !

MaexxDesign

Sometimes I have big fps drops for 5-15sec.
My computer is pretty good, so I think there is another problem.

And it would be nice if we could choose our car and (the host) the track in the lobby.

EDIT:
What did the 640 bytes-update change ? o_O

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
MaexxDesign said:
EDIT:
Most likely the missing scene file for the figure-8 track layout for Speedway was rectified with a hot-fix.

Dillinja187 said:
Have you tried driving with no assists? It can get quite challenging.

MaexxDesign

There are huge fps dops in race.
Watch my video.
I have choosen a low bitrate 'cause I just want to show the fps drops.
As you can see other players had the same problem at that time.
Note: The judder is not comming from youtube. It's the game.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
@MaexxDesign i had the same problem online,especially at race start.Turning particles off fixed it for me,atleast seems to have

@Dillinja187 Personally i prefer the more realistic speeds,update 5 speed,acceleration/braking speed felt ridiculous to me.Theres the POV slider if you want game to feel like its much faster.Or just use the biggest engine.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
MaexxDesign said:
I tried it.
Didn't help. :(
Do you still get it all the time? It was really bad for me earlier when playing in tapios room.Although my ping was 100-150. After which i joined teros lobby with particles off,ping under 70 and it didnt happen again.

Maybe its something to do with latency and large numbers of players in a lobby?
I also noticed that during these fps drops other cars warp to different places but are solid.Ideally they should be changed to ghost cars when this happens.So that if you do lag, you don't then get hit by a 400mph car-plane that drives straight through you.

SunnyNewEngland

Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
MaexxDesign said:
There are huge fps dops in race.
Watch my video.
I have choosen a low bitrate 'cause I just want to show the fps drops.
As you can see other players had the same problem at that time.
Note: The judder is not comming from youtube. It's the game.
That hit at 1:34 is dope!

I got the fps drops, or what I called "lag" at the start of the race and I kept getting pulled to the right for some reason. I had to fight it, even when banking to the left! Anyone else getting that pulling to the right thing? Disregard the last part. My wheel that I had nudged and that I wasn't using was affecting my gamepad. It was me all along! :-[

Dillinja187

Majatek said:
MaexxDesign said:
EDIT:
Most likely the missing scene file for the figure-8 track layout for Speedway was rectified with a hot-fix.

Dillinja187 said:
Have you tried driving with no assists? It can get quite challenging.
Yes of course I drive with all assists off ALWAYS !!!! and use biggest lump big block v8 369. Ha as if id be calling out the power and feel of the car with assists on doh ;) !

Tarmac track so far 1 lap 55.21 on xbox controller maybe squeeze another 2 sec with wheel