Weeks 37 and 38, Here We Go!

Satsuma182

Loving the update so far...

Enjoyed a good few races in Ethos' lobby with 16 players being a stable affair with plenty of hits going in. (24 was tried and it disconnected)

Going to reserve critique until I've had more time on it and the feedback threads start popping up tomorrow...

Thanks Bugbear!

secretshop

Whenever i try to connect to any public server i get "Connection Lost"

I am on a college campus currently hooked up via Ethernet but i have had no problems with any online games up until this game. Just wanted to point it out and ask for solutions? No rush i don't have tons of time to play right now. great update:)

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
I must also state that Ethos room was very good to race in! me and Sam got into it a few times, but I was able in one race to come in second :D

edit: Both mine and Sam's ping were around 55 to 65!!! I love Ethos room hehe!

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Dillinja187 said:
Also it feels like its in slow motion or play pace has been reduce to a ridiculass level, I don't want to say it because I never thought I would say this about NCG but its just well........ boring :(
Yeah, I thought so too, then I went and maxed the FOV and liked it a lot better. 8)

/Haven't tried online yet.
/Wreckfest is as good a name as any suggested. It isn't too similar to any previous game title, and it's not silly or suggestive like the names I mostly suggested. ;D
/I originally thought Flatout was a somewhat clumsy, nondescriptive name that sounded kind of British, or at least uncommon in American English. Now, it's natural and appropriate. :)

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Dillinja187 said:
Yes of course I drive with all assists off ALWAYS !!!! and use biggest lump big block v8 369. Ha as if id be calling out the power and feel of the car with assists on doh ;) !
Actually the big block isn't the fastest engine around anymore, the smallest small block is the most powerful now. :p It's not a huge difference, but still easily noticeable when driving, that's how I actually noticed it myself - on the track when I was too lazy to read out the new stats first.

If you still want more speed and challenging control, try out the European with the T2000 engine. Of course without the assists, then you might have some serious challenge to drive the fastest lap. :D

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Even though I think the build #6 is the best yet, there's one annoying thing: the automatic reverse camera.

Long ago, when someone suggested it, I thought it would just be annoying to see when the camera just hurdles around my car, and it really is. I myself suggested a dedicated key for toggling between the normal and reverse mode, and I still think it would be better. At least I would want an option to turn the automatic reverse camera off. :(

Otherwise I just love the new build. Online works when it feels so, but that's to be expected from this stage. :)

Serenya said:
At least I would want an option to turn the automatic reverse camera off. :(
There is an option to change it to Always / Derby only / Off under Display tab. You can also change the speed of the turn and how long does it take before it starts turning.

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Is it me or the auto-reverse camera really doesn't work in cockpit view?

Keras

Full time wrecker
I haven`t seen it mentioned yet but are there plans to add a rear view mirror? Now that we have mp I think we really need it to see if someone comes up behind us that might try to turn us around. I didn`t have those worries with the AI so I didn`t think about it before xD

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Some questions:

When i host a server nobody can come, why?

If i host a server and the options is all assist off and manual shifting anybody who come to my server have this options? and if not, why? (unfear full assist vs no assist)

THX the answers.

Dillinja187

Yeah the performance hit is on turn 1 and 5 of tarmac track, I run v-sync and its 60 constantly but on those 2 bends it hits 30's 40's and sometimes about 60% of the time the game engine shits itself and doesn't recover and goes into safe mode locking it at 30fps which when your use to solid high frame is horrendous :(. This is a known issue from last build aswell which I hoped would be sorted in this build but........No

No other tracks do this its 60fps all the way everywhere, I hear people screaming out "turn v-sync off" but for me i prefer the more solid image (no tearing) and 2 its keeps your GPU's temps in order abit. I.e more frames more temp and more power usage, Plus I cant really see or feel any difference between 90-100fps and 60fps but under 60 sick things start to happen :)

dgrams2003

Tero said:
Serenya said:
There is an option to change it to Always / Derby only / Off under Display tab. You can also change the speed of the turn and how long does it take before it starts turning.
This is good. I will have to look for the option for 'how long it takes before it starts turning...'
After I hit the reverse button, I expect the camera to start shifting, but it takes maybe two seconds before it starts.

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Tero said:
Serenya said:
Oh thanks, seems like I was totally blind because I didn't notice that before. I'm becoming old, I had a job interview two days back and in the morning I didn't even remember the name of the company... :p

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Still havent joined a server, will try later for better luck. I hope its not my technical issue.
Game looks beautiful and solid
Crashes are nice, maybe not the magnificent wonder I expected reading the devs statements, but still very interesting

Is it my impression, or the garage options are fewer than before? Less tires, less brakes and so on?

Anybody mentioned the loading times now are simply IMPRESSIVE? Faster than light!

Good job Bugbears.