What’s up for Week 36?

Jori Virtanen said:
:D

We love all y'all <3

And yeah, we ran into some obstacles, namely the stability of online modes. Naturally we want that to work as well as it can at this point, so we pushed the build's release back for a week. So, we're looking for either this Friday, or early next week. Friday can be tricky, because if there's bugs or crashes or whatnot, we can't work on a hotfix for several days because of weekend. So, Build #6 might not come until early next week. We'll see, and we all hope for the best.

I'll make a post about this in detail later today. There's a couple of things I want to make sure, so I don't talk out of my ass :p
Good to know!
 
Tero said:
museumsteve said:
Please tell me we will be able to move the seat in cockpit view or change the FOV in options?
You can change the FOV from options in the next build.
By the way, is this a feature that has been made popular by Assetto Corsa or was it know before?

EDIT: Will there be any change to the handling in this new build?
 

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I've only consciously seen it in first person shooters before. Couldn't say for sure about most racing games...
 

oxykeni

New Member
Full time wrecker
iRacing had FOV setup when i played it, approx. 2011. First racing game where i noticed the FOV settings.
 
It's not common, because the cameras are often carefully designed to be exactly as they are. We were worried about the same issue, because different cameras use different FOV settings, but we avoided the issue with letting you change the FOV degree only relative to the original. So with default values the cameras are exactly how we want them to be (in the final game, not yet) but if you want to change them to your liking, you can. :)
 

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Thats great! Especially as people play with so many different ratios of their screen nowadays. It used to be mostly 4:3. Now you have everything: 4:3, 16:10, 16:9, and so on. Not to forget triple screen setups! And I think people will be most happy to be able to adjust thiings to their liking. :)
 

museumsteve

New Member
Tero said:
It's not common, because the cameras are often carefully designed to be exactly as they are. We were worried about the same issue, because different cameras use different FOV settings, but we avoided the issue with letting you change the FOV degree only relative to the original. So with default values the cameras are exactly how we want them to be (in the final game, not yet) but if you want to change them to your liking, you can. :)
Awesome news..thankyou :)
 

sam223

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
oxykeni said:
iRacing had FOV setup when i played it, approx. 2011. First racing game where i noticed the FOV settings.
rFactor (2005) has fov settings in game and you can adjust cams,mirrors,fov outside of the game through individual car files aswell.
 

citizenerased

Member
Weeked Smasher
sam223 said:
oxykeni said:
iRacing had FOV setup when i played it, approx. 2011. First racing game where i noticed the FOV settings.
rFactor (2005) has fov settings in game and you can adjust cams,mirrors,fov outside of the game through individual car files aswell.
Grand Prix 2 (1996) has a sort of hidden FOV adjustment by pressing the + and - keys if I remember correctly.

FOV adjustment is nice but I don't think I'll ever change it, personally.
 
Ok, so it seems Assetto Corsa made the feature popular for me, not for the rest of the world :D

Tero said:
It's not common, because the cameras are often carefully designed to be exactly as they are. We were worried about the same issue, because different cameras use different FOV settings, but we avoided the issue with letting you change the FOV degree only relative to the original. So with default values the cameras are exactly how we want them to be (in the final game, not yet) but if you want to change them to your liking, you can. :)
That's the right approach I think. Make the default settings userfriendly, so that people who don't know or don't care, can play straightaway, those who like fiddling with these things, can have a tailored experience.
 

Calamann

I'm from germany
Weeked Smasher
Dont you said that you will give us more details about the next build today? :p
Haha i know im so impatient :p sorry:)
 
Calamann said:
Dont you said that you will give us more details about the next build today? :p
Haha i know im so impatient :p sorry:)
My fault, sorry! I dragged Jori to an afternoon meeting, not leaving him enough time to write it. :-\
 

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Tero said:
Calamann said:
Okay. No problem ;) will you write it tomorrow? :)
I'll leave that to Jori, I'm no writer. :p But I make great coffee, so I can make sure he drinks enough coffee to finish the writing! Muahaha! :D
Haha forget the coffee... which I also love. But I bet your a cool dude to drink some beer with on the weekend! ;)
 
Top