Ummm are you devs ***??? Why do you keep adding cars like the hammerhead RS and the super venom to the game? You realize that gulley upgraded cars like even the speedemon can't keep up with it at all let alone catch up. *** balancing and it's ruining the game *** are you *** doing
Let's first get the obvious inaccuracies out of the way: the Super Venom is not a "press to win" button, it takes hundreds of playtime hours to master, and in a game with about 75 different cars not all of them are going to be competitive on any given track.*** remove the hammerhead RS or nerf it down to where it should be. Why you *** even added something as *** as that is beyond me it's ruining racing lobbies. All we see now is absolute *** that can't drive smoking everyone with the super venom and hammerhead RS like for *** sake look at the leaderboard???! Smh *** u guys are ***
As much as I approve of your opinion on the matter to be fair and honest the super venom and now the hammerhead RS IS without a doubt press to win cars and I've SEEN with my own eyes inexperienced drivers dominate longer races against very skilled drivers just off the fact that.. if you get on a straight with 5 racers. 1 In the upgraded hammerhead RS and the rest in fully and I mean fully upgraded cars from the speedbird to even the raiden RS... The hammerhead/ super venom will pull away from the rest almost INSTANTLY and once they are seconds ahead it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for even the most skilled drivers hitting every corner flawlessly to catch up let alone keep up in a banger race lol. It's honestly degrading to see especially when there are 4 super venoms in a lobby and now all hammerheads and they all place in the top 5 because they just pull off from everyone so easy. I was frustrated earlier and for good reason. This is an outstanding racing game and for drivers like myself that like the realistic physics and mechanics we're mostly just looking for a balance.so that skill will prevail MOST of the time. I get it's still a demolition derby game but for realistic racing lobbies and even A class BALANCE IS VITAL. If you brought the hammerhead and super V down to let's say 315-345 range, there would be absolutely no reason to complain. raiden RS can be caught easily by good drivers... Most of the time lolSaving this, minus the strong language (apologies for manipulating quoted text) in case it gets deleted for profanity. I don't endorse insults but there might be a valid point hidden in all this rage and exasperation.
Let's first get the obvious inaccuracies out of the way: the Super Venom is not a "press to win" button, it takes hundreds of playtime hours to master, and in a game with about 75 different cars not all of them are going to be competitive on any given track.
What's left is the question of balance. Personally, I don't see A-class as a distinct class since it's technically "unlimited racing" rather than "class-based racing". Splitting A-class into, let's say "A-284" and "A+" or "A-unlimited" would be nice but we still have B-class to work with. But even in B-class, at least 30 racing-focused vehicles (not even counting the obvious "flavour" vehicles, also not counting the obvious "tank" vehicles) are useless for even semi-competitive racing, they're just for tagging along whithout looking at the position indicator.
We have quite the range of diverse tracks and driving surfaces - sticky tarmac, slippery tarmac, sand, dirt, bumps, jumps, twisty corners, sweeping corners, tight sections, spacious sections.... doesnt't matter, Raiden RS and Supervenom always win, and now it looks like the Hammerhead RS is about to join the top tier (not 100% sure yet) and look down on the rest of the cars that precipitate at the bottom of the barrel. To be fair, there are a handful of drivers who are so extremely skilled that they can make the Roadslayer, Sunrise Super and the Stellar work on some tracks, but even they would probably be faster in a Raiden RS or Super Venom (or maybe Hammerhead RS, not 100% sure yet).
Aside these top-tier cars are, as mentioned, about 30 more cars with racing pedigree, distinct handling, and a lot of work that went into creating them, but as of now they are only for having a bit of a spirited drive through the cenery. Spent two weeks worth of Fame Points for a Starbeast SS? Invested real-world money into a Raven? Turns out those are only for winning in single player.
A disclaimer I'd like to add: I'm not hating on the game. I want what's best for the game because I enjoy it, and I see a lot of untapped potential.
For those who have a PS5 like me, It is really unfair not getting the 60FPS treatment as for the XSX at the same time. I really hope we will get the update as soon as possible. The wait is killing me.It does seem like a no-brainer to take advantage of the power of the PS5, and we feel like Wreckfest would benefit from it tremendously.
We're not asking for a full enhanced version, we just want 60 FPS. We never wanted a 4K and a game that play worse. We saw a lot of games receiving meaningful improvement on the Series S using that method.To everyone wondering about why we went with 4K/30fps for Series S, it's quite simply because it was all that we could do at this time. Please do keep in mind that what we're talking about here is not an actual Series S/X release, but an Xbox One release of the base game that can detect next generation consoles and offer enhanced features.
I'm new here, so hello. I made an account just to make a post. I'm also downloading this game via Gamepass so I can scratch that itch for some racing game that isn't a sim like Forza....after looking through these promising patch notes I see 1 thing... priority of quality over performance. Yes there is a push to 4k@60fps on Series X and 4k@30fps on Series S.....my question is, is it possible to get a quality of 2k@120fps (2560x1440p@120fps).
We're beyond thrilled to announce the availability of a new tournament!
- New tournament: Woodland Dash
- New routes for Pinehills Raceway
- New free reward car: Hammerhead RS
- 60fps/4K support on Xbox Series X
- Improvements and bug fixes
For the past month or so, you've been storming the Wrecknado and weathering the whirlwind of destruction unleashed by the hurricane of crashes, and while wrecking is always super fun, nothing's better than changing gears every now and then to keep things fresh. That's right - time to slip on your slickest racing boots again!
This time we're taking you back to Pinehills Raceway, and it's all about speed and skill. You'll be competing with the new smoking hot, race-prepped Hammerhead RS reward car in various racing and slalom events, all taking place on various Pinehills Raceway routes including even some brand new ones that the community has been asking for. And sure enough, everyone's favorite explosive barrels make a return too in the slalom events so watch out! And who knows, there might be a snowy surprise or two during the tournament too...
We also have good news for the owners of the new, shiny Xbox One Series X. We're happy to let you know that we have added specific support for this serious piece of hardware, meaning that from now on you get to enjoy Wreckfest rendered at 60fps in the full glory of 4K. Obviously 60fps makes a significant difference in a racing game, so if you're lucky enough to own a Series X what are you waiting for!
We're also actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on your feedback, and this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. Worth a note in particular is that we're now confident that the leaderboard tournament events should now work more reliably on Xbox so hopefully no one will be missing out on their rewards from now on. Please do note that updating tournament info (rankings, rewards) might still take some time, but it should no longer fail completely. This time around we've also concentrated on addressing numerous issues with the vehicles as highlighted in the community feedback, but we invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming in!
- New Pinehills Raceway routes: Rally Circuit and Rally Circuit Reverse.
(Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are mixed3_r3 and mixed3_r3_rev)
- New tournament season: Woodland Dash.
- New free tournament reward car: Hammerhead RS.
- (XB1) Tournament updates are now more reliable.
- (XB1) Added Xbox Series X/S detection: 60fps/4K on Series X, 30fps/4K on Series S.
- (XB1) Fixed a case in which the game crashed when entering a career series or in one of the preceding career screens.
- (XB1) Improved profile handling reliability.
- (XB1/PS4) Improved server performance under heavy loads and resilience to errors, added better error logging capabilities.
- (XB1) The client region is now automatically changed when receiving an invitation from another region.
- (XB1) The game no longer crashes when receiving an invite when matchmaking is already in progress.
- It's no longer possible to accidentally start a "Last Man Standing" event with 0 opponents (causing the event to end immediately).
- Parented non-deforming panels now correctly follow translations, fixing an issue which made some visual parts drift away from the vehicle.
- In Custom Event and Server Options event selection, events are now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Venom and Gorbie AI Players now correctly appear in Class A Custom Events.
- Improved Gorbie Class B AI Player assembly.
- Improved Blade and Gorbie AI Player performance.
- Improved Blade performance to make it more competitive.
- Improved Little Thrasher suspension so that it no longer rolls over as easily.
- Added performance upgrades for Step Van.
- Added tuning parts for Step Van.
- Step Van can now withstand more damage.
- Improved Step Van visual damage.
- Improved WarDigger visual damage.
- Fixed glitches with Nexus RX "BB Racing" tournament bundle panels.
- Fixed Blade side headers glitch.
- Fixed Gorbie fender UVs and missing LOD3 fender.
- Fixed Gorbie LOD hood pivots and exhaust pipe mesh conflict with upright back pipes.
- Fixed a number of issues with Bullet LOD assets.
- Fixed Stepvan roof light damage.
- Fixed Blade spoiler clipping with upright back pipes.
- Fixed Rocket brake caliper clipping with "Wave" rims.
- Fixed Outlaw "Hurricane" tire glitch.
- Fixed Razor brake light glitch.
- Removed painted panels from the default Starbest SS paint.
- Improved Rebelrat brake lights.
I forgot to mention my question related to the series X, not the series S.I'm new here, so hello. I made an account just to make a post. I'm also downloading this game via Gamepass so I can scratch that itch for some racing game that isn't a sim like Forza....after looking through these promising patch notes I see 1 thing... priority of quality over performance. Yes there is a push to 4k@60fps on Series X and 4k@30fps on Series S.....my question is, is it possible to get a quality of 2k@120fps (2560x1440p@120fps).
I'm just more concerned about smooth performance over quality that will be indistinguishable after a certain point and performance takes a hit. Is this a possible option in the future?. I just personally feel that 1440p at 120fps is the sweet spot nowadays between resolution/performance.