Wreckfest gets more punch under the hood, update coming soon!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
SkinnierSteve said:
Grach said:
The Game's performance is an absolute joke. It doesn't look nearly that good to justify running at 15 fps on high settings on my rig(i5-3570K, GTX 560Ti).
Strange. I also have a 560Ti, but I run the game with everything cranked up to ultra with an average of 40 fps.
Steve, what resolution are you using?

DoodieSmoothie

Bugbear, please take your time and look carefully at these 2 videos:

This first video is build 7 (The new hotfix) :

And here's the second, build 6 which was before the hotfix:

The weird thing is, build 7 is the "update/hotfix" over build 6., but it looks the complete opposite. If it was the opposite, the game would have had GREAT improvements.
I have been wanting this game for so long. I played the demo so many times when it first got released, and watched a lot of videos on YouTube, and I saw that this game became better and better. 2 days ago, i finally bought this game, but when i found out that the damage visuals, graphics, driving and the new physics had been changed, the game just made me sad. I really want the build 6 back, and I couldn't even get to try build 6 before you "updated" it to a complete shitgame. Sorry, but I'm serious
Now I'm stuck with the worst version of the game that I almost paid 30$ for, and I am not happy with it. :(

Please, listen to your fans, bugbear. I would be greatful if you could provide a setting where we could choose which version of the game we want, or atleast in the meantime while you update the newest build of the game, because I'd really like to try out build 6 before it disappears, and I think I'm not alone on that one.

I hope you guys solve this out, I still believe in you :)

DeadMeat

Weeked Smasher
DoodieSmoothie said:
Bugbear, please take your time and look carefully at these 2 videos:

This first video is build 7. (The new hotfix) :

And here's the second, build 6. which was before the hotfix:

The weird thing is, build 7. is the "update/hotfix" over build 6., but it looks the complete opposite.
The latter is not build 6, I think it's build 3 or maybe even build 2. The game engine has changed twice since then.

But yes, you are right. The game (damage and physics) should be like it was in the first builds.

HYLK

Full time wrecker
why are people so worried, its still a game under progress. To gain perfection u need to test all ideas, we dont know yet what the final game will be like. And like bugbear told us in a trailer for the upcoming game, they told us that they wanted every crash to feel like a real crash, and also have the roots of flatout, destruction derby and hotrod garage.
Dont worry, they know what they are doing.

As long as they dont turn the game to total shit like Carmageddon reincarnation, that game sucked big donkey burrito. But I dont think BB will release this game until they feel its perfected, or very close to that.
Problem today is that everyone should clear the games without problems on the way on the hardest difficulty, thats why many makes games easy. Hope thats not the case for BB, i want a game thats hard to complete. and not a game made for everyone.

Love the cars so far, but as many has told u, i also feel that the crashdamage are under all critics. especially when a car can hit u with no force, and ur car goes into flames, but driving into a pole or powersliding into a barrier in high speed, doesnt even make a scratch worth mentioning.
But as i said before, game is under progress. Im not worried, it will be awesome.

DeadMeat

Weeked Smasher
HYLK said:
why are people so worried, its still a game under progress.
I think it's something to do with the fact that the game was so awesome already in 2013 and early 2014. Since the first game engine rework in summer 2014 the game has not been at the same level when it comes to crashing cars and the chaotic awesomeness every race was back then. Of course we must bear in mind that back then it was only singleplayer game and the AI was driving like a maniac (which should be the case also today ;)) but also the physics and effects at that time made the crashes more spectacluar.

But we are getting there. It just takes too much time. :D

HYLK

Full time wrecker
But if its not what BB wants later on, they can just make the changes back. Like i said, still a game under progress, they havent given us a release date yet.

I understand what u r saying, but problem with people is that they often dont see the big picture, but instead only see what they want to see. I feel that the game is better now, how the AI drives and so on. Cos have u ever been in a race where drives instantly crash into u or try to brake ur own car in the first or second turn?
To get where u want, they only have to do minor adjustments. However, still a long way to go, and lots of man hours before they reach that point. Just stay with the flow, and they will get there.

The problem with Stainless Carmageddon reincarnation, were more that they had a timetable that controlled their progress, they hadnt the time to make it bigger and stronger. But relayed on, that the game would sell even if its not 100% complete, and has nothing of the things that they said the game should have. They didnt even think the game through, example, who would compete in a destruction derby with a lambo against a wheel loader?
And yeah, some probably gonna say something like "but the game were not all about crashing, it had circuit race also and lots of peds". Only you race in C:R, the AI couldnt win with laps completed or destroy ur car, u as a player, could go so far that u went on minus in credits. Very unrealistic and not thought through..

Something i feel BB wants more of, a game thats more realistic and has a good feel to it, something that will live in eternity and not for 5 minutes.
Theyll take their time to it, tweak it to perfection, and release it when the game are complete. Finnish and Swedish people do that.

Edit: Didnt BB also say in the blog when they changed the crashdamage engine, that it was changed because the old one couldnt handle their tweaks and ideas?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
HYLK said:
Edit: Didnt BB also say in the blog when they changed the crashdamage engine, that it was changed because the old one couldnt handle their tweaks and ideas?
From release post of Build #5, July 3 2014:

[url]http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5427.0.html[/url]

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
And here we go! The new and much-awaited build of Next Car Game is finally out there.

What does this mean in the end? Well, it all boils down to why it took so long between the updates in the first place: we upgraded the game’s engine. In its old iteration, we weren’t sure that the engine could handle all the features we want to include in the game, so, to play it safe, we took the long route and fixed the engine. In essence, we tore it apart. We cut off clumsy clusters of code, with each cut paving way for a more streamlined and more robust iteration of the engine.

It was a lot of work.

As it’s our own engine, we had a pretty good idea how long it would take, but in the end, the amount of effort it took was much more than even we ourselves had anticipated. But, it did pay off in the end. Now we can be certain that the engine can withstand all the nifty we have planned.

The bad news is that, despite the work we’ve already put in, the engine is still far from finished. It’s a rickety contraption that’s bound to buckle and crash and sway and stagger, so expect Next Car Game to give you a constant supply of trouble.
One thing that got Stainless in trouble with Carmageddon: Reincarnation was C:R ran poorly on a lot of computers and the computers that could run game well still had pauses in the middle of game play. The community told Stainless that Carmageddon: Reincarnation was not ready when Stainless gave a release date that was only a month away. Stainless did delay release of C:R a month to improve optimization, but it was not enough. Carmageddon: Reincarnation got a lot of bad reviews for a game getting release that was not ready.

That why I'm glad Bugbear, thanks to the strong $$ support by the Flatout community, seem to be sitting good financially and will not be pressure into releasing final version of Wreckfest before it ready. :D

Before the summer Steam sale, Bugbear had around 220,000 copies of Wreckfest sold, Now the count at 260,000+. So Wreckfest is still being bought, which is a good sign. :) And there a group of players waiting for final version or at least the beta before jumping in.

https://steamdb.info/app/228380/graphs/

HYLK

Full time wrecker
yeah the AI's are a bit slow and non compete, they are in there own grove, running for president, and has no feelings of winning a race with this update.

But what i find the most irritating, is that the small european cars and muscle car 3. dont really break into little píeces. its like a big blob of texture. Sedan, muscle car 1 and 2 breaks nicely, has a lot of small pieces like fenders, hood, bumpers etc thats fly off when hitting other cars. but the others dont do this. its just boring cars to drive. Then again its not finished yet, the game that is.
Muscle car 3, has no different parts to change, and jumping with car just make it bounce or stop when the cars front spoiler makes contact with the ground.

Hope we can see some changes in texture, parts and how the car reacts when jumping crashing etc in the next update or somewhere in the future.
Or is it just me who has this problem?

Mohasz

Weeked Smasher
Full time wrecker
Is it just me or the multiplayer is almost dead right now? Everytime I check, there are like 2 servers (with no map rotation...) with barely ever more than 8-10 people. :-\

jymstr

Weeked Smasher
Mohasz said:
Is it just me or the multiplayer is almost dead right now? Everytime I check, there are like 2 servers (with no map rotation...) with barely ever more than 8-10 people. :-\
yep, I think that's because of the holiday season.

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
Dammit......by the looks of it, my notebook with 2 x 680m cards is not supported :(
Been waiting for a SLI profile for ages ffs

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
Hmm, well after a web chat with nvidia today....he said the 680m IS supported with the 355.60 drivers.
I need to test.

jymstr

Weeked Smasher
MSPORTBMW said:
Hmm, well after a web chat with nvidia today....he said the 680m IS supported with the 355.60 drivers.
I need to test.
there are notebooks with two graphic cards? :D

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
jymstr said:
MSPORTBMW said:
I need to test.
My old laptop has dual Geforce 8800GTX's in it.

It's an old laptop (2008-2009) but it's still an example. :p

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
jymstr said:
MSPORTBMW said:
I need to test.
Yes.....I got mine about 2 and a half yrs ago. It cost me a small fortune. But for my circumstances I needed a laptop rather than a desktop. And I have to say I've been very happy with it, plus it can handle any game you throw at it.

Rabbit80

MSPORTBMW said:
jymstr said:
MSPORTBMW said:
I need to test.
Yes.....I got mine about 2 and a half yrs ago. It cost me a small fortune. But for my circumstances I needed a laptop rather than a desktop. And I have to say I've been very happy with it, plus it can handle any game you throw at it.
Looking at your sig, that is indeed a monster laptop :D What's the battery life? 10 mins gaming?

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Rabbit80 said:
MSPORTBMW said:
jymstr said:
MSPORTBMW said:
I need to test.
Looking at your sig, that is indeed a monster laptop :D What's the battery life? 10 mins gaming?
The battery probably dies 10 minutes after pulling the cord. That's damn beast of a machine... And it's a laptop? But I don't know how much you paid for it.. Maybe I dont wanna know.

still it (only) has a graphics power somewhere between gtx 770 and gtx 780 (both without M) according to futuremark ranking far below a single 690 (wichout M) but i bet it was more expensive :p