Wreckfest gets more punch under the hood, update coming soon!

MSPORTBMW

Master Blaster
The battery used to last about 45 mins when gaming.....although I nearly always have it plugged in these days, so I reckon the battery is pretty much shot now.....so these days I think you're right, 10 mins and that would be it lol.
At the time I bought this laptop, the 680m was the best card available for a laptop. Obviously as time has passed, other cards have been released and have better performance. I knew this would be the case, so that's why I got 2 x 680m in SLI to future proof myself for a little longer. The performance is fantastic ( for a laptop ).
I just tried a test using fraps......I played the 64bit version of wreckfest in 1920x1080p all graphics and sliders turned to maximum except MSAA which was disabled.
I done a 8 lap race at the small figure 8 track with all 24 cars and the results from fraps were......Min= 51 fps......Max=108 fps......Average=75 fps.
So I think that's pretty good performance (for a laptop)considering it's over 2 and a half yrs old and all the graphics are cranked up.
As for the price....yes it was expensive....yes I could have got myself more power from a desktop for a lot less money, but it suited my circumstances then, and it still does today.
Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
Frisker said:
Rabbit80 said:
MSPORTBMW said:
jymstr said:
MSPORTBMW said:
Hmm, well after a web chat with nvidia today....he said the 680m IS supported with the 355.60 drivers.
I need to test.
there are notebooks with two graphic cards? :D
Yes.....I got mine about 2 and a half yrs ago. It cost me a small fortune. But for my circumstances I needed a laptop rather than a desktop. And I have to say I've been very happy with it, plus it can handle any game you throw at it.
Looking at your sig, that is indeed a monster laptop :D What's the battery life? 10 mins gaming?
The battery probably dies 10 minutes after pulling the cord. That's damn beast of a machine... And it's a laptop? But I don't know how much you paid for it.. Maybe I dont wanna know.
Gaming laptops don't have batteries. They have a UPS. ;)

MSPORTBMW said:
The battery used to last about 45 mins when gaming.....although I nearly always have it plugged in these days, so I reckon the battery is pretty much shot now.....so these days I think you're right, 10 mins and that would be it lol.
At the time I bought this laptop, the 680m was the best card available for a laptop. Obviously as time has passed, other cards have been released and have better performance. I knew this would be the case, so that's why I got 2 x 680m in SLI to future proof myself for a little longer. The performance is fantastic ( for a laptop ).
I just tried a test using fraps......I played the 64bit version of wreckfest in 1920x1080p all graphics and sliders turned to maximum except MSAA which was disabled.
I done a 8 lap race at the small figure 8 track with all 24 cars and the results from fraps were......Min= 51 fps......Max=108 fps......Average=75 fps.
So I think that's pretty good performance (for a laptop)considering it's over 2 and a half yrs old and all the graphics are cranked up.
As for the price....yes it was expensive....yes I could have got myself more power from a desktop for a lot less money, but it suited my circumstances then, and it still does today.
Regards
your laptop beats my pc by far :)

but i had a gaming laptop some time ago, too. still works and it wasn't as expensive as my current pc. after some years of gaming the battery was so destroyed, i could unplug it fully charged, then restart the laptop and when i logged into my profile it would tell me that i have to plug it in because it's only at 7% left...

M

Mopower

Huh... Wonder where the semi-weekly reports have gone. Or are they still on Holiday? It was the month of July that they were supposed to be off, right?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
Huh... Wonder where the semi-weekly reports have gone. Or are they still on Holiday? It was the month of July that they were supposed to be off, right?
Janne still not back, has not log into forum yet this month. Maybe Janne back this week.

Blazingtheory

(Cricket Cricket... Cricket Cricket...)

It's amazing how true it is in life... It's just like one of the sappy ole' "love lost" clichés that all those "wiser" people will find ways to bust out during those "bummer dude" situations. It goes something like, "You'll never know how much you love something until it's gone!"

I never thought there was anything to take for granted about always having a dozen or so comments to read every time I'd be doing my bi-weekly check of the Next Car Game community. I suppose I've been in this routine for almost two years now and most people don't like change; yet inexplicable how strange it is when you realize you've just felt a slight sense of disappointment because there weren't any crazy comments to read tonight from the punchy regulars in the BB community. That even goes for the months when most of these threads were loaded with "BB took our money and ran" and "Naw bra, BB would totally never do that to us" types of comments. In light of all that, I won't mention the real reason why I've formulated my regiment of checking the NCG WF community pages in the first place. ;)

Here's to our shared passion for destroying one another's rusty whips! :p

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
Could we roll back to the Test 2.0 version? That was much better imho...
Let me describe how i think the game is atm.
This game is like a muscle car with like 1000 horsepower. Lots of potential, lots of power, awesome.
BUT.
No steering, no seats, no gearbox, and like 3 wheels.

So... this game has the potential but... I just cant put it anywhere. The test version's damage was great, but the physics is really strange, strange things happen and so on... i wont go down on the list again.

Conte Zero

Crash hard, then crash harder.
Full time wrecker
Yesterday I was at a friend's basement to see his new pc. He got a WF build, I think number 6 (not the last one after the major uphaul) and dang, it was so beautiful. I didn't remember it, but everything looked so much better: damage, debris, wrecked metal on car's body, deformations.
Even the eye candy was better, I mean lights and effects (reflections, exhaust flames)

I really, REALLY hope all that beauty has just temporarily gone and will be back soon...

freddy

The Very End said:
That was also the build where all the cars flipped right? Yes, that was so much fun :D
:( Still flipping too much in my humble opinion, and not in a very predictable way.

This is not from WF, cause its a Ferrari !

GRabbit

As far as I can see the Devs were not online for 36 days now. If you have your own business you should take care of it. Nobody can leave for 6 Weeks+ without getting ruined.

vogurt

I hope they are enjoying their required time off. Take an extra week; I don't care. I'm playing the game when it's finished regardless.

Enjoy a stress free environment, I'm sure jealous!

Donaldducklin

Weeked Smasher
GRabbit said:
As far as I can see the Devs were not online for 36 days now. If you have your own business you should take care of it. Nobody can leave for 6 Weeks+ without getting ruined.
I am assuming you mean Janne, since he is the only dev who posts to Steam forums. I am sure that not every BB dev has been on holiday for past five weeks, Janne is also head of BB so he might have might not work on the game directly everyday.

GRabbit said:
so for you Olli Teittinen is no dev?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Donaldducklin said:
GRabbit said:
I am assuming you mean Janne, since he is the only dev who posts to Steam forums. I am sure that not every BB dev has been on holiday for past five weeks, Janne is also head of BB so he might have might not work on the game directly everyday.
Also Janne was one the last Bugbear Devs to go on vacation, I think this was his last post before he left:

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
I think it's mostly down to semantics. The latest iteration of our engine introduced in Build 7 we launched in June can be considered 'new' as well due to major improvements of the engine that make the most difference to you guys. However, the core of the engine still remains the same as we introduced last summer, so in strict sense it's still the same engine, though. The new engine from last summer had a new engine core + specific new components that were required but the renderer and the physics core remained the same as before, whereas the engine revision used in Build 7 has major new parts such as completely overhauled (vehicle) physics engine and new renderer technology.
Then that weekend he posted this:

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
I happened to attend a Finnish demolition derby ('romuralli' for us natives) event today, and seeing as there isn't that much videos from Finland decided to post one for you guys to see:

Sorry for the poor quality!
So Janne only been on vacation for 4 weeks now, I think.

saudius

Meanwhile, codemaster release 2 update in 1 month...
Ok, they have a bigger team but god....wake up bugbear..
The hype around this game fell so hard...and the last update is boring...pref the old game: better graphic, better handle, etc

Nerkoon

Full time wrecker
ThomasMink said:
Purple44 said:
So Janne only been on vacation for 4 weeks now, I think.
ONLY 4 weeks vacation...
:)
4 weeks for summer is standard in Finland. You also get 1 week for winter, so total is 5 weeks per year. It is not automatic though: you get 2.5 days per month of working and in most cases you have to count saturdays in when using it even though people rarely work on saturdays except in specific professions. Thus in normal case you can get 4+1 weeks every year.