Wreckfest OUT NOW on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member

If you're a lucky owner of either PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S it's time to shift into an even higher gear because Wreckfest is now available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and comes with a rocking free bonus car!

Experience carnage in even higher definition, wreck online with up to 24 players, and crash in style with enhanced visuals, including dynamic dirt, better textures and improved visual effects. Owners of Wreckfest for last gen consoles can upgrade to the enhanced current gen version for $9.99/9.99€. Note that for the time being on Series X|S the upgrade can be only purchased using the link in the game's main menu.

Discord: https://discord.gg/wreckfest

Last edited:

Exup99

Thank you for releasing an update from the previous update from Xbox series X/S. (bought via the menu in the Game)
Although I can clearly see some improvements (dirt for example), I can also realize the frame rate is now suffering a lot (Xbox Series X).
Previously, when you released the "4k-60fps", it did also stutter a bit, which improved on further updates.
Now it gotten worsen again with the additional graphic updates (Specially at the beginning of the races).

Can we expect some fine tuning on this matter on the next updates for Series X?

Thank you for the continuous effort and improvements. Still one of the best games I ever played. Congratulations for the all team.

barneygumble

I wont mind the 9.99 to upgrade to the nexgen SeriesX Version to support this great game. However there a still a few questions open...
- Savefile will work or do I have to start over from zero ?
- previous purchased Seasonpass 1 and 2 is gone or will taken over ?
- Famepoints and unlocked Bonuscars from Tournament ..gone ? Still there after upgrade to nexgen ?

o T00L o

I'm loving the upgrade, but I really only noticed the dirt collection on vehicles and slight stutter out of the gate. Once the race gets going, it doesn't seem to studder too much. Is there a complete list of upgrades and patch notes for the 8.99 I just spent? Lol ‍♂

gblandro

It's was kinda weird purchase and install the update on xbox, but after some digging I got it right.

For now to biggest change on my series S was removing the resolution toggle (1080/4k)

Could you guys make it clear on wich resolution/fps it runs on S and X?

You guys heard it a billion times, but JUST ADD A 60 FPS MODE, THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I DON'T WANT CRISPY MUD IN MY CAR, I WANT FRAMES PER SECOND, this is insane

gblandro

I almost forgot, I bought a g920 to play this game, and to my surprise all the three pedals and the wheel doesn't work, they're detected and navigate thru menus, but of course it works flawlessly in any other game

maraker

OMG. Your get my 9€, keep it :). No 60 fps with Xbox Series S. It is like 5 fps when race start. How it is possible do something like that. How to it is so hard to code so it is running 60 fps, I don't understand. Game is not playable.
I wait week or two, then I uninstall that and never ever come back if that not fixed.

Sorry if I pissed off, but :)

Firebird

Full time wrecker
I'm keen to try out the new upgrades but please can you confirm if my progress is transferred from Xbox One to the native Series S/X version?

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
OMG. Your get my 9€, keep it :). No 60 fps with Xbox Series S. It is like 5 fps when race start. How it is possible do something like that. How to it is so hard to code so it is running 60 fps, I don't understand. Game is not playable.
I wait week or two, then I uninstall that and never ever come back if that not fixed.

Sorry if I pissed off, but :)

Screenshot_20210602_093717.jpg

Hey Bugbear, I noticed that the damage sound effects are lacking compared to when the game was on PC. When I crash my car in the Wrecking Playground it sounds way too quiet and it doesn't really give that massive impact. Also the car doesn't get completely crushed in the grinders, sometimes they come out looking half damaged and it takes away from the immersion. Can you guys please update the crashing sound effects and maybe improve the Extreme damage model? Because some crashes don't do as much damage as they should.

I mentioned the weak crashing sound effects because slamming into the ground at the Wrecking Playground just sometimes doesn't do damage from a high fall and there's no crunching sound effects like in the tech demo. I would really love if you guys could figure something out and improve this. Collision with other vehicles sound great, the only thing that lacks and I'm sure many players would agree, would be collisions in the Wrecking Playground and with other walls. I still love this game and play it nearly every day, but that was just one minor criticism that I had regarding crashing sound effects and some inconsistencies with the damage. Thank you.

Last edited:

Exup99

Well, after another update today (I'm positively impressed with the effort of improving), a set of 2 updates (5Gb for the "normal" 4k60fps version + a 24GB Series X/S update) was released.
I must say the Series X version improved a little bit with the frame rate drop, but still unplayable in certain tracks (during first laps of the races).
There is still something fundamental wrong on this update, I must say.
The game stutters a lot to a point which is unplayable.

The good news are: if we uninstall the update, we can still play the game at 60fps (almost locked) in the "normal" 4k 60fps version that preceded this new one.
This "normal" version, although it doesn't bring all the goodies from the dynamic dirt, longer drawing distances etc... runs really well.

I don't want to be too harsh on the developers (specially seeing an update 24h after another update), but for now, the 9€ upgrade is still not ready... lacks some polish and fine tuning.

I can only speak regarding Xbox Series X.

I hope the developers can keep us updated or acknowledge the problem.
Looking forward to play the game in all its glory on the Series X.

gblandro

Well, after another update today (I'm positively impressed with the effort of improving), a set of 2 updates (5Gb for the "normal" 4k60fps version + a 24GB Series X/S update) was released.
I must say the Series X version improved a little bit with the frame rate drop, but still unplayable in certain tracks (during first laps of the races).
There is still something fundamental wrong on this update, I must say.
The game stutters a lot to a point which is unplayable.

The good news are: if we uninstall the update, we can still play the game at 60fps (almost locked) in the "normal" 4k 60fps version that preceded this new one.
This "normal" version, although it doesn't bring all the goodies from the dynamic dirt, longer drawing distances etc... runs really well.

I don't want to be too harsh on the developers (specially seeing an update 24h after another update), but for now, the 9€ upgrade is still not ready... lacks some polish and fine tuning.

I can only speak regarding Xbox Series X.

I hope the developers can keep us updated or acknowledge the problem.
Looking forward to play the game in all its glory on the Series X.
"Let's charge for optimizations and don't even release a changelog, this is fine"

EdwordCre8

I wont mind the 9.99 to upgrade to the nexgen SeriesX Version to support this great game. However there a still a few questions open...
- Savefile will work or do I have to start over from zero ?
- previous purchased Seasonpass 1 and 2 is gone or will taken over ?
- Famepoints and unlocked Bonuscars from Tournament ..gone ? Still there after upgrade to nexgen ?
Yeah, I don't mind the upgade cost... but since I generally play on xbox PC version, when I go on my xbox Series X all is lost. In todays day and age why isn't all this cross-platform... atleast with xbox and xbox PC

barneygumble

as @Exup99 mentioned all saved data is transferred.

I upgrade to the Series X Version now ( with additional 24GB Update today) and I can confirm, I was able to play right where I left. Famepoints + Seasonpass Cars + Tournament Unlocked Cars, Level, Money and even the half finished Race in Career Mode was all taken over.
However so far I feel like the Series Version has a bit framerates troubles and the loading times seem to be slightly longer now too.

- Also - The "XS Logo" does not show. Same Icon as before, just the "press Y to upgrade" is gone and the draw distance, light effects in game are clearly better.