Wreckfest OUT NOW on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S

Totone56

For those wondering about the X|S logo missing, it's because this isn't, in fact, a native Next-Gen update. It's still running in Backwards-Compatibility mode, with patches on top.

You can verify this yourself by going into "Manage Game and Addons" on Xbox.
The game is still marked as Gen: Durango (Xbox One), and "Gen9Aware" (Xbox One game able to apply patches when it detects it's running on X|S), just like before. In the photo posted just below is the info about the DLC. Still marked "Durango", so "Xbox One".

Maybe that's why we have framerate drops ? The game doesn't have access to the full GPU power in BC mode. That's a rather strange decision here, making a patch running on the Xbox One version and marketing it as Series X|S game, which it isn't. Wouldn't be a problem if Backwards Compatibility was enough to run this maxed at 60 FPS and if there were no performance issues, but it looks like it isn't the case.

Attachments

maraker

OMG, after that new update, framerate is now 2 fps, examples motorcity custom race with Xbox series S.
Have to again uninstall series version dlc., if like to play.
I think that 2fps is world record :)

maraker

For those wondering about the X|S logo missing, it's because this isn't, in fact, a native Next-Gen update. It's still running in Backwards-Compatibility mode, with patches on top.

You can verify this yourself by going into "Manage Game and Addons" on Xbox.
The game is still marked as Gen: Durango (Xbox One), and "Gen9Aware" (Xbox One game able to apply patches when it detects it's running on X|S), just like before. In the photo posted just below is the info about the DLC. Still marked "Durango", so "Xbox One".

Maybe that's why we have framerate drops ? The game doesn't have access to the full GPU power in BC mode. That's a rather strange decision here, making a patch running on the Xbox One version and marketing it as Series X|S game, which it isn't. Wouldn't be a problem if Backwards Compatibility was enough to run this maxed at 60 FPS and if there were no performance issues, but it looks like it isn't the case.

I think this is not good. because:
Gen9 means the software recognizes the hardware of the Xbox Series X|S. Gen9 software is built with the GDK and is able to use all the RDNA2 features on the GPU and unlocks 8 cores, 16 threads on the Zen 2 CPU.
Gen9aware means that the software recognizes the Xbox Series X|S GPU as GCN and the CPU is 8 cores, 8 threads. This “mode” is still using the older XDK.
Edit: GCN is older AMD μarchitecture that the X1X utilized. So, with that in mind, gen9aware is basically an X1X with 12 TF of GPU compute and a much better CPU.

again OMG :)

This is maybe ACCIDENT, or devs do not really know what to do.

Last edited:

Totone56

I think this is not good. because:
Gen9 means the software recognizes the hardware of the Xbox Series X|S. Gen9 software is built with the GDK and is able to use all the RDNA2 features on the GPU and unlocks 8 cores, 16 threads on the Zen 2 CPU.
Gen9aware means that the software recognizes the Xbox Series X|S GPU as GCN and the CPU is 8 cores, 8 threads. This “mode” is still using the older XDK.
Edit: GCN is older AMD μarchitecture that the X1X utilized. So, with that in mind, gen9aware is basically an X1X with 12 TF of GPU compute and a much better CPU.

again OMG :)

This is maybe ACCIDENT, or devs do not really know what to do.
This isn't an accident. It's not a switch that has to be set on or off, it's a whole rebuild of the game. It's possible using the old XDK and running in Backwards Compatibility mode is enough to run the game maxed out at 4K in theory, in such case i can see why they didn't bother implementing a whole new GPU architecture and building the game in a new SDK, which can be tremendous work, especially if the game doesn't use the added power at the end.

But we have performance issues after the patch, so ... Maybe it would have been necessary ? Or maybe it just needs a few fixes and will run as intended even in BC mode, which is more likely.

maraker

yeah, and Series S, I know nobody do not care if remove ray and other stuff and get 1440p-1080p/60fps, easily. 60fps is always better as ton of fps problems and stupid locked 30fps 4k. If I release somedays game to series sx, It is running 60 or 120 fps.

And that mode what now used, We lose 24GB harddisk space, thats not good.
I never see like that, and it is hard to understand what is good to do that.

Only reason release that gen9aware dlc is getting money 9€. if released to real mode with SX logo, You can only use free for old buyer or buy full price.

Examples Overwatch , it is good way to do that, user can select resolution and performance/quality

Last edited:

o T00L o

When will we get that sweet looking Ripper? That's my question... Lol
I bought the series X version and didn't get the new Ripper vehicle... Boo. ☹

o T00L o

They're working on that...
Thanks Konan!
I'm loving the add-on. It's exactly what I asked for in the beginning. The debris and dirty vehicles actually add so much more dimension! Can't wait to see what comes next! This is what we all have been needing since Test Drive:Eve of Destruction. ✌❤

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
Thanks Konan!
I'm loving the add-on. It's exactly what I asked for in the beginning. The debris and dirty vehicles actually add so much more dimension! Can't wait to see what comes next! This is what we all have been needing since Test Drive:Eve of Destruction. ✌❤
I'm hoping for a season pass 3 tbh...

[QUOTE = "Janne Suur-Näkki, publicación: 119435, miembro: 1092"]
[MEDIA = youtube] 0wt7xVj6kts [/ MEDIA]​

Si eres un afortunado propietario de PlayStation 5 o Xbox Series X | S, es hora de cambiar a una velocidad aún mayor porque Wreckfest ahora está disponible en PlayStation 5 y Xbox Series X | S, ¡y viene con un coche de bonificación gratis!

Experimente la carnicería en una definición aún mayor, naufrague en línea con hasta 24 jugadores y choque con estilo con imágenes mejoradas, que incluyen suciedad dinámica, mejores texturas y efectos visuales mejorados. Los propietarios de Wreckfest para consolas de última generación pueden actualizar a la versión mejorada de la generación actual por $ 9,99 / 9,99 €. Tenga en cuenta que, por el momento, en la Serie X | S, la actualización solo se puede comprar usando el enlace en el menú principal del juego.

Sitio web: https://order.wreckfestgame.com/
Discordia: https://discord.gg/wreckfest
[/ CITA]
First, paying for how the game is is not fair, it is broken and it is not native to xbox series x / s. Second for when, to be able to save your car configurations, for each circuit, it is a shame that it takes away the desire to make you more competitive, the game is good but it could be much better, and above all with all the support you have from people, greetings.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Can we have an option to select 24 or 16 player private lobbies, couple of my friends are forced out from joining a private lobby if one of us on the series x is hosting.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Until at least after Bugbear Devs return from their summer vacation in July ( I sure they ready for some time off, been a busy last 10 months ). So sometime this fall?

wreckfest_lover

I love the game, I love the updates, love the new track, love the new cars, love the daily tournaments. I just love the game.

That said, I'm playing the X|S update on my Series S and the framerate is very bad. Some races are better than others, but the tournament races - the current Bugzilla race is a great example - runs at about 10 frames per second for the whole race. It's basically unplayable.

I don't mind paying for the update and I don't mind waiting for a fix - I can always downgrade to the Xbox One version to play the game (which I play on doing). But I would like some time and thought be put into figuring out how to fix the performance on the One S.

Others have mentioned bringing the 1080p/4K toggle back. I dunno if that would work based on how the game has been developed, but I would definitely prefer the ability to runt he game at a lower resolution with a higher frame rate.

Thanks for all the hard work, and good luck ironing out these issues. I'll still be playing.

basti4655

Until at least after Bugbear Devs return from their summer vacation in July ( I sure they ready for some time off, been a busy last 10 months ). So sometime this fall?
I hate how they prioritize consoles... i understand there are more people on consoles playing wreckfest, so more money... but without us PC players this game would have never been released on consoles.

Why not make it for all platforms and then release all together? Now we have to wait for months.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Only these new consoles ( PS5 and Xbox X ) can handle the new enhance graphics.

On the PC side, maybe half the players will be able to enable the dirt showing up on the cars? Don't think "wimpy" PCs will handle the new graphic options.

Here is an overview of the added enhancements for PS5 & Xbox X:
• Dynamic dirt on vehicles
• Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
• Higher resolution textures
• Increased amount of foliage
• Godrays
• New visual effects for skidmarks

Some that in the list above, we may have all ready on the PC side with Ultra settings. But Dynamic dirt on vehicles and Godrays will be new to the PC side.

basti4655

I know... with "all platforms" i meant the next-gen consoles AND PC.

There are graphics cards that are much more powerful than PS5/Xbox Series X... so they could make it even better on PC.
Of course you need sliders in the settings for how much of these effects take action, so that people with older graphics cards can play with no issues.
I hope i get my hands on a RTX 3080 soon...