Wreckfest OUT NOW on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S

maraker

Where is hotfix that world record 2-5fps game play in Xbox Series S. Devs now holiday to december 2026 ?
PS you get almost 2 drinks to my 9€, enjoy it !

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
From Wreckfest Discord Dev channel today:

jannesBB — Today at 7:33 AM
(XBX) We've been working on improving the performance on Series X|S behind the scenes and we're happy to let you know we have some serious improvements in the pipeline.
We're aware that no amount of visual goodies can make up for a choppy framerate and a high-octane racing game like Wreckfest deserves better, so let's make it happen!

maraker

Just accident using 60hz with my xbox series s display settings, normaly it is always 120hz.
Cold war performance is fixed when not use 120hz mode.

Notyet tested wrecfest, have to install it again.
Maybe that is fix also that game, I hope so……

Update:
It is not help. same 5 fps in first curve :( , uninstalled again .

Last edited:

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Since the series X upgrade has release the online servers have been horrendously laggy to the point its made the game unplayable.

gblandro

This must be a joke, we paid for an upgrade that ruined the game, you guys should take some notes from Metro Exodus devs.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Had enough of how the game runs on both single play and multiplayer, its beyond unplayable won't be bothering with it till some sort of update is released.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
From Wreckfest Discord today:

BurnyCubbers77 — Today at 2:26 AM
So have there been no other reports of this at all?
There's a bunch of us who play Wreckfest every Wednesday night and 3 of us (who all play on Series X, with and without the upgrade), all have the console shut itself down after a few hours of playing. Everyone else plays on Series S or an XB1 model with no issue. Just us 3 on the Series X. I highly doubt all 3 of our consoles are defective, since it's only Wreckfest where it happens

jannesBB — Today at 2:36 AM
We have a number of stability improvements in the pipeline, scheduled for the next update.

BurnyCubbers77 — Today at 2:40 AM
Thanks! Hopefully they help with this issue. Once the update drops, i'll report back to let you know if the issue still occurs

jannesBB — Today at 2:42 AM
Thanks, appreciated! We can't be 100% certain these will address that specific issue but it's likely.
If there are still any lingering issues even after the update we will of course take a another look.
By the way - you will love the upcoming performance improvements as well.

Purple44 — Today at 2:44 AM
Janne, we going see updates to PC and Console versions before end of June? Before Bugbear goes on vacation in July?

jannesBB — Today at 2:44 AM
Soon, yes.

metalhead1978

From Wreckfest Discord today:

BurnyCubbers77 — Today at 2:26 AM
So have there been no other reports of this at all?
There's a bunch of us who play Wreckfest every Wednesday night and 3 of us (who all play on Series X, with and without the upgrade), all have the console shut itself down after a few hours of playing. Everyone else plays on Series S or an XB1 model with no issue. Just us 3 on the Series X. I highly doubt all 3 of our consoles are defective, since it's only Wreckfest where it happens

jannesBB — Today at 2:36 AM
We have a number of stability improvements in the pipeline, scheduled for the next update.

BurnyCubbers77 — Today at 2:40 AM
Thanks! Hopefully they help with this issue. Once the update drops, i'll report back to let you know if the issue still occurs

jannesBB — Today at 2:42 AM
Thanks, appreciated! We can't be 100% certain these will address that specific issue but it's likely.
If there are still any lingering issues even after the update we will of course take a another look.
By the way - you will love the upcoming performance improvements as well.

Purple44 — Today at 2:44 AM
Janne, we going see updates to PC and Console versions before end of June? Before Bugbear goes on vacation in July?

jannesBB — Today at 2:44 AM
Soon, yes.
I only just purchased the Series upgrade for my XBOX series X. I can also say the performance is terrible with many frame drops and lots of stuttering. The game is simply unplayable. The game ran better before I purchased the Series Upgrade. I hope there are improvements soon or I will be requesting a refund.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Should see something before the end of June.

But ya this been a bad launch for the Series upgrade!

Exup99

Guys, although I must 100% agree that something is really wrong, and it was not correct from the developers to launch this update, with the knowledge of the poor performance (I won't believe they didn't know it), I think we should give them the benefit of doubt to emend themselves.
Yes, it costed money (ok...not that much) and the attitude was not correct, but history also tell us, that these same guys delivered MANY good things and worked a lot to have this awesome game.

Just to remind, that we can (Series X and S) to uninstall the update and play the game as it was before (until they release a patch).
On Series X, the game runs at 4k 60fps very stable.

Let's cross fingers to have a patch soon.

Narrow Cellist

I think Wreckfest is the best car/racing game out there just based on the gameplay. I have a Series X and I was enjoying the game at a flawless 60fps. When I saw the "upgrade" launching I went for it, thinking it would actually improve the game, but it didn't. It made the performance so bad that I stopped playing it for a few days. After a while I ended up uninstalling the "upgrade" and it was back to performing flawless again. Why did I have to pay for the game to run worse?

Marvel Knight

I only notice the performance issues when I try a race in 24 player lobbies...so basically by myself most of the time because people hardly join them :p. But it runs completely fine in 16 player lobbies and I still get the graphical improvements.

OldUncleClinty

If you're a lucky owner of either PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S it's time to shift into an even higher gear because Wreckfest is now available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and comes with a rocking free bonus car!

Experience carnage in even higher definition, wreck online with up to 24 players, and crash in style with enhanced visuals, including dynamic dirt, better textures and improved visual effects. Owners of Wreckfest for last gen consoles can upgrade to the enhanced current gen version for $9.99/9.99€. Note that for the time being on Series X|S the upgrade can be only purchased using the link in the game's main menu.

Discord: https://discord.gg/wreckfest
The upgrade isn't even available in the Microsoft store currently, I've been trying to buy it via the in game link for days