Wrext-Gen: Wreckfest coming to PS5 on June 1st 2021!

Blofse

I've just seen an announcement that wreckfest will be part of ps plus for May ps5 game - that's great! Except I just bought the ps4 version - doh! So two questions:
  • Will I be able to upgrade my ps4 version or download the ps5 version seperately?
  • How come it's coming out a month before on ps plus than advertised here?
Cheers!

Omeyocan

I've just seen an announcement that wreckfest will be part of ps plus for May ps5 game - that's great! Except I just bought the ps4 version - doh! So two questions:
  • Will I be able to upgrade my ps4 version or download the ps5 version seperately?
  • How come it's coming out a month before on ps plus than advertised here?
Cheers!
Where you have seen the announcement ? On the PS store under the PS Plus ?

tomhlord

Ah yes, it's so cool it's coming to PlayStation Plus in May - but the PS Blog post isn't so clear, is this the PS5 upgraded version one month early, please? I suppose it does state 24-player online, which is in the PS5 version.

Last edited:

HartesG

I’m wondering the same thing. Sony or Bugbear needs to clarify this.
It’s the native PS5 version and will be exclusive to PS+ from May 4 until June 1 –> after that everyone else can purchase it (also physical on disc) which is a pretty amazing move from Bugbear and THQ Nordic imo. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s the first time people get early access to a PS5 game (or any other) just for being a PS+ subscriber. And just a month ago some Playstation players were being rude to the Devs because Xbox got the 4K/60FPS patch when in fact they are giving more than they need to! That deserves some appreciation.. Bugbear is truly a honest and passionate studio, kudos to them!

Here’s a link if more clarification is needed <–

Last edited:

Buhaj47

Any update on the PS4 to PS5 saves transfer? No way I'm starting the game from scratch again...

Blofse

Initial feedback on ps5 version:
  • Hurrah 60fps! No noted frame drops either, that's great!
  • 4k graphics are OK, but looks like something is wrong with texture filtering and anti aliasing, It doesn't look true 4k on the road or around the edges of the cars.
  • Haptics are fun, implementation feels great except they feel soft, like the volume has been turned down. Compare this with wrc9 which throws your fingers around and this is like a muted version.
  • No noted method to carry over your save games.
  • Sadly, the xbox series x version looks a much bigger upgrade compared with the ps5 version.
A great start and I am hoping for a few game updates this month to make the game look and play better. Cheers!

Omeyocan

Also note that the R2 trigger does not seem to have any resistance except when I respawn in a demolition derby event. This is quite strange. Maybe this is normal.

HartesG

• Hurrah 60fps! No noted frame drops either, that's great!
  • 4k graphics are OK, but looks like something is wrong with texture filtering and anti aliasing, It doesn't look true 4k on the road or around the edges of the cars.
Bugbear just released a hotfix that took care of an issue with anisotropic filtering on PS5, where textures appeared blurry at medium to far distance and (as you mentioned) can be noticed on top of the car or on the road surface behind it. With the latest patch however, those textures look as sharp as the rest of this beautiful upgrade!

Blofse

Bugbear just released a hotfix that took care of an issue with anisotropic filtering on PS5, where textures appeared blurry at medium to far distance and (as you mentioned) can be noticed on top of the car or on the road surface behind it. With the latest patch however, those textures look as sharp as the rest of this beautiful upgrade!
Yahhoooo! I'll give this a try shortly :)

HartesG

• No noted method to carry over your save games.
  • Sadly, the xbox series x version looks a much bigger upgrade compared with the ps5 version.
Bugbear is working on a cross-save feature. They just couldn’t implement it in time for the early access version on PS+ and didn’t want to wreck any save games. Could also be Sony making it difficult. Same with cross-gen matchmaking between PS4 and PS5. Both features are being worked on and might be coming very soon or at full release on June 1st.

Xbox Series X never got a specific upgrade. You’re thinking of a patch that came with the Woodland Dash Tournament update and included various improvements for all systems but also unlocked 4K/60FPS on Series X and 4K/30FPS on Series S. The PS5 however just got it’s own native version along with those sweet graphical enhancements that btw, PC and Xbox Series S|X will also get. Bugbear simply tries not to neglect any system and unlocked 4K for Xbox so the wait for a native Series S|X version is a bit easier. PC has some of those graphical enhancements already since the console release but it seems like Bugbear will bring all current-gen systems on the same level.

Because Wreckfest is worth every effort and Bugbear a killer Developer :cool: